School NurseDeer Park School District
Deer Park School District is currently recruiting for: School Nurse
Requires ESA or eligibility (RN with BA/BS degree and willingness to complete course) School and/or Pediatric experience strongly preferred School Year Calendar.
- Develop systems for establishing and maintaining up to date cumulative health records for all students consistent with school policies, administrative direction and state and federal requirements.
- Develop and supervise systems for compliance with state immunization requirements, communicating to staff and parents as needed.
- Act as district’s liaison with Spokane County Health Department, medical community, and CPS as needed.
- Provides health care and evaluation to students and makes appropriate referrals.
- Prepares and submits accurate and timely school district, state and federal health related reports.
- Serves as a professional resource and consultant in cooperation with the special services director for identifying, evaluating and providing services for special needs students.
- Work with health care professionals and school personnel to provide appropriate education services.
- Instructs and supervises school personnel in the delivery of prescribed services.
- Advises on the modification of the educational program to meet the health needs of students.
- Assists with the development of systems and procedures for the acquisition, management and inventory of health equipment, supplies and materials.
- Serves as a professional resource and consultant with teaching staff in the development and delivery of curriculum related to maturational development and/or health problems.
- Acts as a resource for school secretaries or office personnel who are responsible for emergency first-aid treatment.
- Provide supervision of classified nurses.
- Provides training, delegation and supervision for building personnel to administer medication.
- Attends committee meetings and conferences regarding health services.
- Respects confidentiality of information.
- Respond to district health emergencies.
- Monitor absence and infectious disease data for outbreaks of disease and collaborate with local health jurisdictions accordingly
- Other duties as assigned.