Payroll & Human Resource Manager
HUMAN RESOURCE/PAYROLL/CREDIT MANAGER
We are looking for an experienced Payroll and Human Resource Manager to oversee our company’s payroll processes and employee related personal benefits. Also, to administer the Co-Op’s membership and patronage programs which includes new member accounts, estate redemptions and address maintenance. This position will also assist the Board of Directors with maintaining member equity and patronage balances. The duties for this management position also include efficient payroll processing, handling human resources as well as other accounting processes.
This position is responsible for:
- Overseeing and reviewing payroll payments and account reconciliations.
- Ensuring records and processes comply with company and legal regulations.
- Maintaining accurate account balances and detailed records for auditing.
- Managing and resolving any issues related to payroll.
- Processing company payroll ensuring accurate calculation of wages, tax and benefit withholdings, and align with time and attendance records.
- Prepare various federal and state payroll taxes and reports, including unemployment claims, OSHA reporting, annual W-2’s and 1094/1095C.
- Update payroll system as required with employee data, benefits changes, salary increase, terminations, and the like.
- Generate reports monthly and quarterly for management as needed.
- Implement written policies and procedures that govern human resource functions of the company.
- Recruitment, including screening applicants and scheduling interviews.
- Provide orientation of new hires that includes the creation of new hire packets and administer training.
- Administration of 401k plan, workers compensation, group health, and voluntary insurances.
- Maintain employee files and benefit records including PTO balances and FMLA information.
- Coordinate employee events and embody employee involvement.
- Order and keep inventory of employee uniforms.
- Process credit applications establishing customer credit limits.
- Maintenance of customer and membership accounts.
- Reconcile and recover delinquent accounts receivables and pursue collection activity.
- Provide monthly financial reviews and Account Receivable aging reports.
- Communicate with internal departments on customer credit status.
- Process new member applications and redemption requests.
- Track annual sales of members for patronage dividend distribution.
- Process, distribute, and reconcile patronage dividend checks.
- Editing and proofreading internal communications. i.e. employee memos, newsletters, policies.
- 3-5 years of prior payroll experience.
- 3-5 years of HR administration.
- Be experienced with QuickBooks (Enterprise version) and have strong MS office skills.
- Able to work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
- Be organized with attention to detail.
- Must be friendly with a positive attitude that promotes teamwork.
- Must be self-motivated and dependable.
- Managerial or supervisory experience.
- Strong knowledge of payroll processes and relevant legal regulations.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong math and analytical skills.
- Ability to hold and maintain confidentiality, honesty and have attentive listening skills.
- Full time employees receive medical, dental, prescription, vision insurance.
- 401K retirement plan with employer match
- Employee discount program
- Paid vacation and personnel day
- Paid holidays and paid time off
A pre-employment drug screen is required. The work schedule will be 40 hours per week, 8:00am – 5:00pm Monday thru Friday.