Full Time Engineering Technology Directorcypress energy
Slc, UT Full-time
Posted on May 5, 2019
Full Time Engineering Technology Director job position:
- Manage the day to day engineering activities and engineers for the Cypress Technology Center in Salt Lake City.
- Complete and approve engineering design(s) of bi-directional, mapping, profiling and magnetic flux leakage (MFL) metal loss inline inspection (ILI) tools.
- Manage and lead the engineers and development of ILI MFL tool specification requirements, tool verification and qualification program to API 1163, and engineering teams including, but not limited to, Mechanical/Electircal/ Software/Firmware/Power/ Mapping.
- Establish and manage necessary processes for API 1163 compliance for mechanical/electrical workshop competency requirements.
- Establish, maintain, and manage engineering databases/ drawings/materials for construction lists and other engineering documentation for the interchangeable production of ILI tool parts.
- Ensure tool build program is ran effectively and tools are produced in accordance with agreed delivery schedule and costs.
- Investigate and engineering a tethered tool design and build.
- Manage and lead caliper tool engineering design and build.
- Manage sustaining engineering such as critical failure analysis or other engineering techniques to maximize first run success rates.
- Recruit, manage and develop engineering and other technology personnel to meet company requirements.
- Understand Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedure and Workplace Instructions.
- Work with other senior managers within the context of the leadership team to the betterment and benefit of the company.
- Promote Environment, Health & Safety and always follow safe working practices.
- Adhere to Company's "Code of business Conduct and Ethics." Actively support the Company's commitment, its Core Values, including safety leadership, equal employment opportunity, employee development, and operational excellence.
- May involve standing and walking at times.
- May require travel and extended hours to meet deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering. 10+ years of MFL tool engineering design and sustaining engineering experience, including 5 years managing engineering teams engaged in MFL tool engineering and design (sustaining engineering in particular).
- Strong understanding of magnetics and magnetic flux leakage.
- Detailed understanding of in-line inspection operations Proficient Computer and Keyboard skills.
- Salary commensurate with experience starting at $116,000.00 per year.