Senior AccountantCulver Academies
The Business Office’s role is to manage the financial operation of the Culver Educational Foundation (“CEF”). Specific areas of responsibility include updating and reporting on the organization's financial records, gift and endowment tracking, ensuring strong internal controls and advising management on financial matters.The Senior Accountant position is responsible for reviewing the daily financial transactions of CEF. The Senior Accountant will take ownership of the general ledger, which includes reviewing and reconciling accounts, making journal entries and providing analysis. The Senior Accountant must demonstrate knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, as well as an ability to grasp CEF financial policies and protocols. In addition to regular duties, the Senior Accountant is expected to participate in various clubs and activities, coaching athletic teams, performing student supervisory and chaperoning duties and engaging in other such duties as may be assigned by the proper authorities.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration, or equivalent business experience. Certified Public Accountant licensure preferred.
• Accounting or bookkeeping experience including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and basic General Ledger Accounting and Financial Reports is preferred.
• Prior experience in a not-for-profit environment desirable.
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
• Microsoft Office Suite with strong Excel skills.
• Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment and work with others in a team environment.
Culver offers a comprehensive benefit package for Full-Time employees immediately upon hire. Benefits include Medical/Vision, Dental, a Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, a 403b retirement account with a very generous company match, use of our on-site Fitness Center, a Free on-site Health Clinic including various Free generic medications, Free meals in the Dining Hall, limited laundry and dry cleaning services, 10 paid holidays, 200 hours of paid vacation time, and a discount at the Campus Store and at the Uniform Shop. The Culver Educational Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.