Head Start/Early Head Start Director
CSRA Economic Opportunity
Head Start/Early Head Start Director's
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Head Start/Early Head Start Director is responsible for coordinating and directing all programs and administrative services for the Agency's Head Start/Early Head Start Program and Child Care Partnership and State Pre-K Programs.
• Oversee the day-to-day management, operations, and compliance of the Agency's Head Start/Early Head Start Child Care Partnership and State Pre-K Programs to include service to students in regular Head Start locations and Early Head Start Child Care Partnership students. Work with Fiscal Officer to prepare and implement the Head Start budget, striving to meet all requirements set forth by the Head Start Performance Standards and regulations. Coordinates efforts for generating non-federal match for the HS/EHS/CCP Programs to meet requirements. Develops funding applications for all grants in collaboration with fiscal officer, program administrators, staff, board of directors, and policy council.
• Engage in on-going assessment and data aggregation and analysis. Use qualitative and quantitative information for the improvement of Education, Family Engagement, Health, and mental health services, systems and processes including, but not limited to, curriculum fidelity system, aligned professional development, quality improvement and mentor coaching. Collect, analyze, and produce data reports regarding the performance outcomes and experiences of children, families, staff, program outcomes, and other pertinent information affecting the design and implementation of Head Start, Early Head Start, Child Care Partnership Services, and programs.
• Ensures the maintenance of records and confidentiality of children, families, and staff as required by agency, state, and federal guidelines. Identify, cultivate and maintain collaborative organizational partners, including school districts, higher education, social service agencies, in support of program goals and family needs. Participant in the development and monitoring of interagency agreements.
• Comply with all policies and procedures, state licensing regulations, Head Start Performance Standards, and other relevant regulations. Maintain a positive relationship with the Board of Directors, Policy Council, Executive Director, Office of Head Start, Head Start Association, State Head Start Programs, and all staff.
• Six years of administrative management experience in a large public or private nonprofit educational organization, preferably in Early Childhood Education, including four years of management experience with primary responsibilities for budgeting, contract oversight, monitoring program performance, facilities, personnel administration, and project management. Prior Head Start experience at a management level highly preferred. Knowledge of the HS/EHS/CCD Program model, regulations, and standards as well as early childhood development, teaching strategies, and the high-quality learning environments for children age birth to five highly preferred.
• Problem solver capable of using data and sound judgement to drive decision making. Expertise in the processes for obtaining and managing large federal and state grants. Provide a positive image to the community as a leader and advocate for head Start/Early Head Start Program and families in which we serve.
• A Master's degree in Early Childhood Education with coursework in business organization and management.
The physical demands listed here are representative of those that are met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities as defined in the ADA to perform the essential job functions.
Employee must be able to perform (but not limited to) the following: sitting, standing, walking, bending stooping, pushing, pulling, (up to 50 lbs.) using hands, handling or feeling of objects, and the ability to adjust focus.
Qualified persons interested in applying for these positions must send a your qualifications for this position, which meet the requirements above by September 16, 2021. We are a drug free workplace. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
"AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ---DISABILITY AND VETERAN"
Stay connected so you know of available job opportunities.