Seasonal Natural Resource Intern
Must be a student in Post-Secondary Education
Position Objective: To enter SWCD Tree Sales into an excel sheet. Develop geographic information system (GIS) maps for boundary staking for conservation easements program. Maintain SWCD projects, including weeding, spot spraying, removing sediment, cutting back vegetation, and other items to maintain projects. Other related conservation work. Office work will be required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organization skills
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work 9 to 10 hours days in all weather conditions
- Available to work weekends or nights when requested
- Valid MN Drivers Licenses
- Lift 50 pounds
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365
- Native plant and tree identification skills
- Noxious weed identification
- Self-driven and highly motivated
- GIS experience
- GPS knowledge
- Work independently and as a part of a team
Salary: $11.00 to 13.00 Hourly.
Opening Date: 11/22/2021
Closing Date: 12/03/2021 4:30 p.m.
Winter Hours: January-April (10-15 hours a week)
Summer: May-August (40 hours a week)
Total Hours Available: 640