District Forestry Technician - MN
Position Objective: To coordinate private forest management programs for the county. To help landowners enroll into conservation programs such as 2c, Sustainable Forest Incentive Act Program and conservation easements. To work with partners to complete best management practice such as tree planting, forest thinning, invasive species management. To coordinate annual tree sale and distribution.
Benefits include: Sick time, vacation leave, paid holidays, fringe benefit $600 a month, Public Employee Retirement Plan, and matching funds for 457 (b) Retirement Plan and HSA account. Supportive collaborative work environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Establish and maintain good working relationships with other employees and work effectively as part of a team.
* Communicate with partners and private landowners effectively.
* Experience and education in natural resource (with a four or two-year degree)
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Project Management and organization skills
* Excellent Interpersonal Skills
* Organization skills
* Proficient in Microsoft Office
* Seasonal Field work required in all weather conditions (9 to 10 hour days)
* Occasional weekends and nights as needed (meetings and events)
* Valid MN Drivers Licenses
* Lift 50 pounds
* Ability to become or is a certified MN DNR Forest Stewardship Plan Writer.
* Tree planting and GIS Arc Map experience
* Native and non-native plant identification
* Self-driven and highly motivated
* Work independently and as a part of a team
Salary: $ 20.00-26.00 Hourly - $41,760-$54,288 Salary
Closing Date: 02/22/2021 4:30 p.m.