Crosby is the world leader in the heavy lift industry. We strive to set the standard for quality, training, and technical expertise in the field. It’s our goal to exceed the expectations of our customers through technical leadership, innovative solutions, vertically integrated manufacturing, premier use of support, and a value-added distribution channel.
We are committed to investing in and developing our employees’ talents and leadership, and we are currently seeking candidates for Lathe/Grinder Operator positions.
The Lathe/Grinder Operator sets up and operates standard lathe and CNC machine tools in a highly efficient manner. Understand blueprints and written specifications. Skillfully uses all machinist's hand tools and measuring instruments. Possesses knowledge of shop mathematics. Familiar with the various metals, speeds, and feeds to be used in machining. Capable of shaping metal bars, forgings, and castings to precise dimensions and finishes. Has a minimum of rejected parts with maximum productivity. Must be able to operate one or more machines as required to meet production and quality standards with maximum productivity.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up and operate standard lathe and CNC machine tools
- Read and understand blueprints and written specifications
- Possess knowledge and ability to use shop mathematics
- Skillfully use all machinist's hand tools and measuring instruments
- Be capable of shaping metal bars, forgings, and castings to precise dimensions and finishes,
- Be familiar with the various metals, speeds, and feeds to be used in machining.
- Operate one or more machines to meet production and quality standards with maximum productivity
- Be able to life 5 to 60 pounds on a regular basis
- Be able to reach, bend over, or twist to insure a part is secure in the machine, to measure and/or inspect work to print, to change tools, to set up machinery, and to load/unload the part from the machine.
- Be able to stand 40 to 60% of the time in order to reach parts to load, unload, and inspect parts; to print; and visually observe machine functions.
- Be able to walk around the plant to change machines, get blueprints. retrieve parts, etc.
- Be able to see, reach, and write in order to comprehend safety warnings and do necessary paperwork.
- Be able to communicate with supervisors, dispatchers, inspectors etc
- Be able to learn and have a long term memory for machine controls. machine functions, crane controls and functions, using measuring instruments, reading blueprints/symbols. etc.
- Punctuality and regular attendance are important to maintain manufacturing schedules
Special Location/Position Requirements:
- Meet all qualifications for Class "B"
- Higher level of experience required in accordance with Company policy and progression rules.
2 years' Lathe experience working in a Manufacturing environment required.
High School Diploma or equivalent