Departmental Information Systems AnalystCounty Of Humboldt
Departmental Information Systems Analyst County of Humboldt $24.15 - $30.99 hour plus benefits. Under general supervision, oversees the operation of a departmental computer system using word processing software, vendor provided software or mainframe support software to produce reports and records of various types. Performs related work as assigned.
Filing deadline: June 11, 2019.
Examples of Duties
- Assists new users of a department's computer system to sign on to the system and to call up application programs to be used.
- Provides operational assistance required by users of applications and software products or coordinates needed help to maintain records and produce mandated or desired reports.
- Conducts feasibility studies regarding new or existing applications; analyzes alternatives and makes sound hardware and software recommendations.
- Assists new users of personal computers with equipment operation and the use of County-standard software.
- Uses knowledge of equipment and applications being operated to determine causes of problems and the remedies required; consults with Information Systems staff for expert assistance when problem resolution is undetermined and to arrange for servicing failed equipment.
- Performs backup of files and systems software and reorganization of system disks per schedule.
- Prepares and/or participates in the preparation of written instruction procedures for the operation of departmental computers.
- Confers with vendors regarding options and applications; may assist in administering purchase and service contracts.
- Conducts various analytical projects which may relate to operational or budgetary functions.
- Maintains records and prepares statistical and narrative reports.
- Trains departmental staff and prepares written instructions as required.
- May supervise a small staff with responsibility for data entry or system use and provide technical advice on an ongoing basis.
- May perform varied administrative, budgetary, project and similar support work.
- Activities and functions related to the department to which
- Computer hardware and applications software relevant to departmental operations and report production.
- Standard office practices and procedures and the use of standard office equipment.
- Procedures necessary to maintain the integrity and security of data in the departmental systems.
- Financial/statistical/comparative analysis techniques.
- Basic supervisory principles and practices.
- Basic budgeting and contract administrative principles.
- Maintaining and operating departmental computers and business software.
- Planning, organizing and coordinating departmental data processing activities.
- Detecting data processing problems or errors and making corrections.
- Researching problems, analyzing alternatives and recommending sound alternatives.
- Interpreting and applying laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Preparing clear and concise user instructions, correspondence and other written materials.
- Maintaining accurate records and files.
- Instructing others in operations and software usage.
- Exercising sound independent judgment within established guidelines.
- Coordinating multiple projects and meeting critical deadlines.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relations with those contacted in the course of the work.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.