Data EngineerCounty Of Chesterfield
Information Systems Technology
Deadline: 5 pm March 7, 2019
You will love Chesterfield and we'd love to have you! Civic pride and making a difference are just two reasons to join the Chesterfield County team. Want to help Chesterfield achieve the vision of "being an extraordinary and innovative community in which to live, learn, work, and play"? Chesterfield County is the fourth largest local jurisdiction in the state of Virginia and is a recognized leader across the country for being innovative, delivering high-quality results, and embracing new technology.
The Center for Digital Government has recognized Chesterfield as one of the top five counties of our size over the past several years. Awards and recognition for innovative business solutions and openness and transparency of information are received annually. Chesterfield IT teams have performed well at the Governor of Virginia's Data-thon challenge the past three years, earning the coveted Governor's Cup last year.
Our Data Goals:
- Evangelize the concept of "data as an asset"
- Formulate insights that foster innovation
- Enable effective decision-making through shared county data
- Unleash the capability of data science to empower business users Data Engineer Role Advanced SQL Queries Metadata Management Complex Data Modeling Cloud Data Architecture Efficient Data Integrations Innovative Data Analytics Data Mining Techniques Data Governance
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or related field from an accredited university or college.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- At least six years (ten years preferred) of progressive work experience in data focused roles Experience with Microsoft technologies, including SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Power BI, and Azure cloud services, preferred Proficient with advanced statistical techniques and concepts such as regression and distributions.
- Building skill in variety of machine learning techniques such as clustering and decision tree learning.
- Advanced experience in developing custom data models, algorithms, data integration, data cataloging, and metadata management.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Expert skills in database query language and semantic modeling
- Expert skills in data analytics, reports, visualizations, and dashboards
- Drive to learn and master new data technologies and techniques
- Highly skilled on processes related to project life cycles, software development life cycles, requirements gathering, testing methodologies, and source control
- Be dependable and have a good respect for diversity
- Excellent communication, team building, and interpersonal skills with a customer-focused approach
- Embrace values of building trust, staying agile, and focusing on innovation
Pre-employment drug testing, FBI criminal background check and education/degree verification required.
This position is subject to working in high security areas governed by the US Department of Justice's "Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Security Policy" and therefore requires successfully passing a more stringent criminal background check. Must maintain personal mobile technology as a condition of employment. (Previous applicants do not need to re-apply. Applications will remain under consideration until position is filled.)
An Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Workforce Diversity