Clinical Nurse I/IICounty of Calaveras
SAN ANDREAS, CA Full-time
Posted on August 13, 2019
Clinical Nurse I/II
$61,630.40 - $78,644.80 Annually
San Andreas, CA
Full Time Regular - Benefited
Health & Human Services Agency
9/13/2019 11:59 PM Pacific
- Position Description
Clinical Nurse I: $29.63 - $36.00 hr.
Clinical Nurse II: $31.09 - $37.81 hr.
Under direct or general supervision, the Clinical Nurse I/II provides skilled clinical nursing services to clients in outpatient settings in Public Health and Mental Health Services. . Nursing services encompass health promotion, care and prevention of illness and disability in programs addressing mental health, communicable diseases, chronic diseases, maternal and child health and other programs as required.
Clinic Nurse I
This is an entry level position. Under direct supervision of the Director of Nursing, provides clinical nursing services in the Public Health and Mental Health settings. This is an entry level position for a nurse with limited experience. The Clinical Nurse I is distinguished from the Clinical Nurse II in that the latter is expected to have more professional experience in a healthcare setting including Public Health and Mental Health.
Clinic Nurse II
Clinic Nurse II is fully competent as a Registered Nurse and is able to independently perform the full range of clinical nursing services.
- Example of Duties
- Provides medication management services to clients with mental or emotional disorders
- Provides case management services to selected clientele
- Orders and stocks clinic supplies and medications
- Administers psychotropic medications and monitors side effects
- Coordinates client care with health care providers
- Prepares required program reports
- Provides public health information to the general public
- Coordinates clinic programs with other health department programs
- Administers immunizations to adults and children
- Administers clinical diagnostic procedures for detection of selected conditions
- Obtains blood and other specimens; performs laboratory tests as required
- Monitors and reports disease as required by health department
- Provides patient counseling and education related to clinical care needs
- Maintains appropriate documentation on services provided
- May provide home visit assessments in coordination with the PHN II or the Director of Nursing
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum Qualifications
The principles, practices and skilled techniques of nursing and related nursing theory; application of the nursing process; adherence to common safety practices; knowledge of the legal aspects of nursing; knowledge of current models of mental health recovery.
Skill and Ability to:
Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with staff, general public and other departments and community agencies; communicate professionally and effectively with clients and staff; maintain accurate and complete records and reports; perform procedures according to an established protocol; speak and write effectively; use computer software for electronic health records and information searches.
Education, Training, and Experience:
Clinical Nurse I
Equivalent to graduation from an accredited program in registered nursing and one (1) year professional nursing experience in a clinical setting such as a medical office, mental health program hospital or home health agency.
Clinical Nurse II
Equivalent to graduation from an accredited program in registered nursing and two (2) years professional clinical experience, preferably in a public health or mental health outpatient setting.
- Special Requirements
- Must possess a valid license as a Registered Nurse issued by the State of California;
- Possession of a California driver's license issued by the State Department of Motor Vehicles is required at time of appointment.
- Calaveras, County of (CA)
- 891 Mountain Ranch Road
San Andreas, California, 95249