Cottonwood County is seeking to appoint a qualified candidate to serve the remainder of the Auditor/Treasurer term ending January 2023.
Reasonable qualifications include a bachelor's degree in business administration or related field and six years of recent financial business experience, including three of the most recent as a senior supervisor involving accounting practices, procedures and office management or combination of education and experience. A major or concentration in accounting or a CPA designation is preferred. Possession of a valid State of Minnesota driver's license is required.
Management and Planning
• Supervises and evaluates staff performance, implements office policies, directs work assignments and manages employee concerns.
• Ensures proper training, cross-training and development of staff.
• Ensures compliance of county policies, standards, programs, processes and procedures.
• Maintains compliance with federal, state and local laws, statutes, rules, regulations, codes and standards.
• Reviews, interprets, provides or analyzes a wide variety of information, data and reports. Makes decisions and/or recommendations based on findings.
• Plans for changes in new legislation and directs implementation of newly enacted legislation. Makes recommendations to the County Coordinator and County Board.
Wage is dependent on qualifications with the minimum starting salary being $73,902.40.
Cottonwood County is an Equal Opportunity Employer