Assistant AccountantCostal Alabama Univrersity
Bay Minette Campus
The Assistant Accountant will adhere to policies and procedures as outlined by the College, and the Alabama Community College Board of Trustees and is responsible for assisting in the planning, organizing, and maintaining the College's accounts receivable and student account functions as required by the Fiscal Procedures Manual for the Alabama Community College System. The Assistant Accountant will report directly to the Accountant for Business Services.
At a minimum, the specific duties and responsibilities of the Assistant Accountant shall include:
- Assisting in maintaining the necessary accounting records required by the Fiscal Procedures Manual for the Alabama Community College System for all College funds.
- Receipting of monies for student accounts and other collections relating to the functions of the College.
- Issuing and maintaining a numerical listing of students and faculty/staff meal tickets.
- Distributing and receipting of College work-study checks to outstanding student accounts.
- Assisting with the preparation of all third-party accounts receivable billings for tuition and fees, facility usage, training for business and industry or any other external agency billing for the College
- Assisting with external agencies to clear any issues with invoicing to allow payments to be made in a timely manner
- Monitoring student billing and preparing Invoices each term for outstanding balances owed the College
- Preparing list of non-payments to be turned over to Assistant Accountant for reporting to Collection agency
- Maintaining office supply inventory and placing orders when needed
- Recording, tracking and notifications related to tuition deferment contracts.
- Assisting with all registrations as assigned.
- Assisting with restricted funds reporting and billing.
- Answering the telephone and providing appropriate information pertaining to Business Office functions daily.
- Acting as backup to student payables.
- Retrieving, opening, and forwarding mail and faxes.
- Ensuring all documents required by external auditors are properly maintained and readily available during annual audits.
- Becoming familiar with and adhering to all College policies and procedures.
- Becoming thoroughly familiar with all pertinent state and national policies and complying with said policies.
- Serving on and providing information to College committees as needed.
- Maintaining a highly professional attitude and demeanor at all times.
- Exhibiting appropriate and satisfactory leadership within the College.
- Complying with ACCS and College policies, as well as state and federal laws.
- Providing responsible, adequate, and satisfactory leadership on the campus and within the College.
- Communicating positively and professionally in all aspects of the position.
- Ensuring the positive promotion of the College and integration of all campuses within the College.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Interviews can only be extended to applicants who meet the minimum qualifications and who complete the application process. The following are the minimum required qualifications for this position:
Associate's degree in a business or office administration area from a regionally accredited institution is required.
Accounting I and Accounting II are required.
Three (3) years of experience in one or more of the essential functions of the position is required.
Proficiency in Excel is required.
Proficiency in communications skills is required.
Ability to work well with others and work under pressure is required.
The following are the preferred qualifications for this position:
Bachelor's degree in a business or related area from a regionally accredited institution is preferred.
Experience with Ellucian/Banner software is preferred
(Closes on February 27 2020)