Mental Health Therapist - Belfair and Shelton
Job Title: Mental Health Therapist
Department: Behavioral Health
Reports To: Clinical Supervisor
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reporting to the Clinical Supervisor, the Mental Health Therapist will provide social-psycho therapeutic assessments, interventions and counseling for children and adult mental health clients in a holistic, culturally sensitive process that promotes the dignity, respect, safety and maximum optimal functioning of the individual.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide outpatient Mental Health evaluations, assessments, care plans and therapy to children, adolescents, adults, older adults and families as needed in a variety of professional therapeutic modalities.
- Provide outreach and referral assistance to clients unable to access services in the community.
- Maintain the caseload of active clients assigned to meet productivity requirements.
- Complete all documentation to ensure 100% compliance.
- Consult and collaborate with other professionals, supervisors and/or agencies on client evaluations, treatment plans and follow-up in order to ensure optimal client outcomes.
- Attend mandatory clinical in-services/trainings, supervision, and regularly scheduled department/agency meetings.
- Prepare concise documentation pertinent to direct services with clients in order to comply with requests from other agencies and professionals in the community, and in order to coordinate services for clients in the community.
- Assist in identifying, implementing and coordinating services/activities in order to meet client needs.
- Provide education and information in the community as needed.
- Serve on committees, task forces and special assignments as directed.
- Conduct Group Therapy Sessions as needed.
- Conduct Mental Health Intakes.
- Provide case management services to children, adolescent, adult, and older adult mental health clients.
- Communicate Consejo’s policies, practices and procedures to client; complete all necessary paperwork in compliance with agency and legislative requirements.
- Fulfill other duties as may be assigned to meet agency operation’s needs.
- Master’s required in social work or related social services field.
- MHP Required.
- Two (2) years of experience in providing mental health counseling and case management services.
- Active State of Washington Counselor License as required by the Department of Health.
- Proficient in speaking, reading and writing both English and Spanish.
- Proficient with using Microsoft Office products.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record, reliable transportation and car insurance.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, memos, business correspondence and all other integrated behavioral health related documents. Ability to write clear, concise and accurate correspondence. Capable of establishing positive interpersonal relationships with a broad range of people. Effective oral and written communication skills.
OTHER SKILLS REQUIRED:
Ability to operate computer, printer, copy and fax machines, calculator, and other office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, move up and down stairways, talk and hear, drive to and from community appointments. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where standardization may or may not exist. Ability to reason effectively and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
This position requires the individual to work with minimal supervision. Guidance is available as necessary, however, the individual is expected to be able to function autonomously and make individual decisions when appropriate. Position does require ability to interact with a variety of individuals and the ability to meet deadlines and time pressure based on the volume of work.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise and/or level of distractions in the work environment are usually moderate.
Consejo is an EOE