Medical Office ReceptionistCOMPLETE FAMILY MEDICINE
Complete Family Medicine
Medical Office Receptionist
Receptionist needed for a fast-paced family practice clinic.
The job requires a strong person, who is patient and calm under pressure. Must be detail-oriented, work well in a team situation, and be able to multitask. Medical receptionist experience with knowledge of electronic medical records, scheduling, and customer service preferred.
Medical Office Receptionist Job Duties:
- Welcomes patients and visitors by greeting patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Optimizes patients' satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone.
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying the provider of patient's arrival; reviewing service delivery compared to schedule; reminding the provider of service delays.
- Comforts patients by anticipating patients' anxieties; answering patients' questions; maintaining the reception area. Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records.
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
- Obtains revenue by recording and updating financial information; recording and collecting patient charges; controlling credit extended to patients; filing, collecting, and expediting third-party claims.
- Maintains business office inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; scheduling equipment service and repairs.
- Helps the patients in distress by responding to emergencies. Protects patients' rights by maintaining the confidentiality of personal and financial information.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Medical Office Receptionist Skills and Qualifications:
- Telephone Skills
- Customer Service
- Time Management
- Attention to Detail
- Word Processing
- Quality Focus