Community Action Council Lexington, KY Full-time Education
Posted on May 18, 2023
The Assistant Teacher is responsible for assisting with the implementation of the education program in child development for children ages six weeks through five years old.
Qualifications: High school diploma or G.E.D. is required. experience working with children is required, Associate's degree in early childhood education is preferred.
Reporting and Working Relationship: Reports to Lead Teacher and assists Lead Teacher in classroom functions.
Pay range: $13.30 - $14.63 hourly rate.
- Valid Kentucky driver's license and proof of insurability.
- State child abuse criminal records check.
- Food handler's permit
- Any other screenings, physicals and testing required by the funding source, licensing and/or regulations.
- T.B Skin test
- Ability to lift child weighing 40 pounds.
- Written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of low-income people and demonstrates sensitivity to the needs of low-income people.
For a full job description click the apply button to be directed to our job board.