Highway Maintenance WorkersCOLORADO DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION (CDOT)
Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) Highway Maintenance Workers for the following locations:
Hayden, Yampa, Meeker, Rabbit Ears, Kremmling, Hot Sulphur, Granby, Winter Park
Permanent and temporary positions available. Temporary pay is $23/hour. Permanent pay starts at $18.84/hour, plus benefits. Class A or B CDL and 2 years' physical labor and/or heavy equipment operation experience is required for all permanent positions. Performs roadway maintenance and heavy equipment operation. Our employees are skilled leaders at all levels of the organization, making a direct impact on public safety in the communities they serve.
Major duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Operate snow plows, tandem or mid-range trucks, loaders, hand tools, power tools, etc.
- Inspect, clean, and repair roadways, bridges, tunnels, drainage systems, and other structures
- Install and repair guardrail, highway markers, warning signals, and highway lighting
- Remove litter, hazardous objects, and debris from roadways
- Participate in traffic control safe zones around work areas to divert traffic
- Respond to emergencies by following prescribe procedures, such as stopping or slowing traffic, operating emergency vehicles, etc.
- Perform minor maintenance and repair of equipment and tools
- Other duties as assigned
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.