Cafeteria WorkerCoastal Carolina Community College
Jacksonville, NC Full-time
Posted on May 14, 2019
Part Time Position Cafeteria Worker
- Provide assistance in the food service program by preparing and serving food to students, faculty, staff, and visitors and participate in the cleaning of all equipment and facilities.
- Ability to understand and carry out basic kitchen instructions, such as preparation of hot and cold meat and vegetable dishes, beverages, salads, sandwiches, pie fillings, simple bakery items, salad dressings, and/or other similar food items, as appropriate to the position.
- Responsible for knowing and following the safety rules and proper procedures associated with the responsibilities of the job as provided by the Cafeteria Manager.
- Follow sanitation and health regulations, must be able to lift 35-50 pounds.
- Clean work tables, walls, floors, refrigerators, and equipment, according to established procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager. Knowledge of cash register operations is helpful, as is the ability to maintain a balanced drawer.
- Must be available for scheduling Monday - Friday, 6:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Must possess ServSafe certification, or be willing to obtain it, at the cost of the College, within 60 days.
- High School diploma or GED required.
Salary: Minimum of $7.25 per hour/20-25 hours per week between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Start date: as soon as possible closing date: open until filled