System TechnicianCoastal Alabama Community College
System Technician (Thomasville Campus)
The System Technician works under the supervision of the departmental administrators to accomplish the goals and tasks of the Information Technology department and Coastal Alabama Community College. The System Technician will adhere to the policies and procedures as specified by the Coastal Alabama Community College Policy Manual and the Alabama Community College System Board of Trustees. The System Technician provides hands-on and remote technical support and performs a variety of tasks requiring specialized knowledge related to the areas of assignment.
At a minimum, the essential functions of the System Technician shall include:
- Lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds a minimum distance of 15 feet.
- Work with small hand tools such as pliers, screwdrivers, etc.
- Tolerate cooler/warmer temperatures for approximately two hours at a time.
- Sit in one place for a minimum of one hour at a time.
- Work off a ladder at heights of up to 15 feet.
- Think quickly, clearly, and analytically when confronted with a problem.
- View a computer screen for extended period of time.
- View a variety of display screens on electric equipment.
- Be courteous and professional at all times in the performance of duties.
- Be prompt and punctual in reporting for work, meetings, and office hours.
- As funds allow, attend workshops and meetings that contribute to professional development.
- Serve as a member of College committees as appointed.
- Assist in the performance of daily operations in the Technology Services Department.
- Be willing to share knowledge and information with other College employees.
- Coordinate activities of student workers assigned to the Technology Services Department.
- Prepare reports for Technology Services directors.
- Provide help desk functions for the College community.
- Be willing to travel between campuses.
- Learn, assess, and implement emerging technologies.
- Use a computer keyboard.
- Answer the Technology Services help desk line.
- Work with and around a variety of electronic equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Interviews can only be extended to applicants who meet the minimum qualifications and who complete the application process. The following are the minimum required qualifications for this position:
- Associate's degree in technology related field is required.
- One (1) year of full-time experience in a technology related field OR an industry certification in networking or system administration is required.
- Effective oral and written communication skills are required.