Director of Institutional Effectiveness Research and PlanningCoastal Alabama Community College
Director of Institutional Effectiveness, Research, and Planning
The Director of Institutional Effectiveness, Research, and Planning is responsible for the development, implementation, and reporting of all institutional effectiveness programs and services in accordance with pertinent criteria of the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACSCOC) and other organizations affecting accreditation and certification of College programs and services. These responsibilities include the development and maintenance of pertinent databases and records management systems to document institutional effectiveness efforts of the College. Also, the Director of Institutional Effectiveness, Research, and Planning is responsible for working closely with the administration, faculty, and staff to help ensure that the College remains in a continuous quality improvement mode for programs and services provided to students.
At a minimum, the specific duties and responsibilities of the Director of Institutional Effectiveness, Research, and Planning shall include:
- Develops the Annual Institutional Management Plan in cooperation with other College personnel.
- Conducts an annual evaluation of progress made in the implementation of the Annual Institutional Management Plan.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive institutional effectiveness program in accordance with, as a minimum, the respective requirements of the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACSCOC) and other accreditations and certifications of the College or programs.
- Develops for approval by the Dean of External Funding and the President, an Annual Institutional Effectiveness Plan that includes, as a minimum, specific activities with description (e.g., specification of surveys and studies, timelines, and reports to be generated by each activity, etc.). The Annual Institutional Effectiveness Plan shall be submitted to the Dean of External Funding and the President by September 1 annually.
- Develops and maintains an Institutional Fact Book. The Institutional Fact Book shall be updated annually and, as a minimum, include student retention rates, student demographics, grade analysis, area high school graduation rates, demographic data on area high school students, service area demographics, program enrollment, graduation rates, and follow-up data on former Coastal Alabama students and graduates.
- Conducts academic and technical program reviews and evaluations.
- Develops and maintains collection of data and reports to support college planning, research, and decision-making.
- Ensures that the review of the College's mission, purpose, and goals are updated annually which includes full documentation of the updating process.
- Conducts, analyzes, and reports on the findings of a broad spectrum of institutional surveys that, as a minimum, include surveys on employee satisfaction of services, student satisfaction of services, evaluations of courses, evaluation of administration, student opinions, former student follow-ups, employer satisfaction of former students, student athletes, community surveys and needs assessments, and other surveys and assessments require to properly document institutional effectiveness and related improvement plans.
- Provides on-going training for all College faculty, administrators, and staff on institutional effectiveness.
- Conducts viability studies of programs and other related studies requested by the Alabama Community College System and/or the Alabama Commission on Higher Education (ACHE)
- Keeps abreast of computer software packages for institutional research and related databases and database management.
- Serves as chair of the College's Strategic Planning Committee.
- Provides oversight and supervision for institutional planning, assessment, research, evaluation strategies, trend analysis for environmental scanning, and accreditation processes.
- Ensures that meaningful, appropriate/accurate data and supporting documentation is available to meet the decision-making needs of the College.
- Develops and implements a system for institutional strategic planning and assists in coordinating the annual assessment, planning, budgeting process(es) with College leadership.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive system for assessing effectiveness of College programs and services, including surveys, data reports, secondary data sources, qualitative and quantitative analysis, and research designs in order to make recommendations for institutional improvements.
- Ensures that the institutional effectiveness core committees are provided sufficient direction to carry out their respective missions, maintaining and distributing minutes of meetings in a proper manner, make recommendations on improvements in their respective areas, and handling other activities required to help support institutional effectiveness and continuous quality improvement efforts.
- Makes such studies and reports as shall be requested by the Dean of External Funding or the President.
- Works closely with the College officials on the development and administration of annual budgets for approval by the President.
- Maintaining highly professional attitude and demeanor at all times.
- Complying with ACCS and College policies, as well as state and federal laws.
- Providing responsible, adequate, and satisfactory leadership on the campus and within the College.
- Demonstrating excellent leadership traits and skills in all aspects of position.
- Communicating positively and professionally in all aspects of the position.
- Ensuring positive promotion of the College and integration of all campuses within the College.
- Performs other duties as required.
(Closes on February 13, 2020)