Act as a liaison between construction/engineering departments and the finance/accounting team. Work to ensure cost control, project finances, budget control, financial closeout and financial reporting for LNG, CNG, Hydrogen and other related engineering and construction projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Monitor all financial components of engineering and construction CNG and LNG projects.
- Ability to work across departments to coordinate budgeting, forecasting, cost analysis, customer invoicing, and project cost reporting.
- Assist accounting team with project financial close process.
- Assist project managers in activities concerned with the reporting and control of the construction process; contract amounts, work orders, change orders.
- Perform monthly variances analysis of actual to budgets results for monthly deliverables to senior management and Project Managers.
- Work with department heads and VP of Engineering and Construction to manage SG&A spending, identify problem areas and support financial aspects of new corporate directives.
- Apply strong analytical skills to understand the root cause of variances.
- Experience using construction cost accounting and project management-related software, including Microsoft D365 Projects Module and e-Builder. Continually design and implement reporting tools and process flows within these systems.
- Participate in the creation of dashboard, Power BI reports and other KPIs related to Engineering and Construction projects
- Continuously improve, automate and simplify processes to help drive better decision-making.
- Proactively build and manage relationships with corporate department heads.
- Prepare and design ancillary business/financial models and other special projects as needed.
- Ensure financial processes and reports meet corporate and industry guidelines.
- Prepare monthly reports and variance analyses for management review, participate in short- and long-range financial planning and forecasting, and prepare ad-hoc financial analyses and reports.
- Additional duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field; 3-5 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to establish strong relationships with others within and outside of the organization
Strong knowledge of budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis and financial modeling, possess exceptional analytical skills and the ability to understand the impact of operations on our financial results.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel. Knowledge of Microsoft AX Projects Module preferred. E-Builder or related construction management software experiences a plus.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following behaviors:
Quality: Consistently produces high-quality work (accurate, neat, and thorough). Strives to improve productivity, processes and quality. Demonstrates strong knowledge and skills related to the job. Presents a professional image with dress, demeanor, and manners. Maintains clean workspace, company equipment and company vehicles. Safety is a high priority; performs job safely.
Communication: Communicates clearly, concisely, effectively, professionally and timely.
Exhibits good listening and comprehension skills. Keeps others appropriately informed and shares ideas even when unpopular. Listens to what others have to say. Maintains open and active communication with colleagues. Effectively uses knowledge and experience in asking, probing, and anticipating issues to ensure quality is provided.
Teamwork: Fosters the spirit of working with each other. Displays respect, courtesy, politeness, tact, and openness. Handles conflict in an appropriate and professional manner. Builds relationships, promotes cohesiveness, models collaboration with others. Considers impact and issues for our customer and other departments. Engages other impacted departments early for solutions.
Persistence: Develops workable alternatives and solutions. Exhibits persistence in following assignments through to completion. Promotes process improvements.
Reliable: Responds in a timely manner. Is honest, ethical, value-driven and trustworthy. Keeps commitments made, completes assignments and meets deadlines. Accountable--Takes responsibility for own actions and performance. Meets attendance and punctuality guidelines. Available and accessible.
Entrepreneurial: Takes initiative and appropriate action. Is engaged and committed to achieving the company’s mission. Pursues better ways to get things done and takes appropriate risks. Keeps up to date with competitor information and market trends. Controls costs and thinks in terms of profit, loss and added value. Is committed to the satisfaction of customers.
Leadership: Provides clear direction around a vision. Creates actionable plans and is proactive & anticipatory. Demonstrates innovative approaches and solutions. Is an example for employees and others. Accepts responsibility for individual and team performance. Makes appropriate and timely decisions and takes action on decisions. Sets clear and reasonable performance expectations. Motivates and empowers others. Delegates tasks appropriately. Recruits staff of a high caliber. Provides feedback to subordinates that is timely and direct. Recognizes subordinates for their contributions and effort. Encourages continuous growth and learning in others. Shows respect for others and their ideas. Helps others manage through change.
Passion: Is excited and creates enthusiasm about the company’s future. Promotes a sense of company pride. Displays sense of pride in the department and its contributions. Displays passion for the job.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Always practice good judgment and refer to the safety guidelines.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Always practice good judgment and refer to the safety guidelines.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.