Assistant Finance DirectorCity of Willoughby Hills
Assistant Finance Director
The City of Willoughby Hills is accepting resumes for the position of Assistant Finance Director. This position supports the Finance Director in overseeing the financial operations of the City.
Job Title: Assistant Finance Director
Job purpose: The Assistant Finance Director is responsible for assisting the Director of Finance in maintaining finance operations that meet or exceed professional standards. This position is also responsible for the bi-weekly and monthly processing of payroll and associated duties, as well as Human Resource Management, including employee health benefits and pensions, unemployment compensation claims, Workers Compensation claims and performing new employee orientation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Processing and positing budgets as approved by the City Council.
2. Month end reconciliations and reporting.
3. Monthly, quarterly and annual reporting to various agencies.
4. Prepare and process bi-weekly payroll, including computation of timesheets, verification of hours, maintaining compliance with union contracts, and disbursement of employee deductions to vendors.
5. Update and maintain computerized payroll system through compliance with pay ordinances, contract changes, employee-requested deduction changes and employee personal information.
6. Responsible for the processing and verification of Workers Compensation claims, prepare correspondence, act as vendor liaison for employee transitional work programs, and verify and process monthly and annual billing statements.
7. Responsible for the processing and verification of unemployment claims and any correspondence directed to Ohio Job and Family Services.
8. Responsible for the Human Resource Management duties, including employee health and pension benefits, new employee orientation, employee health claims resolution assistance and other employee-related HR tasks.
9. Responsible for producing and verifying monthly pension reporting.
10. Responsible for verifying and preparing retiring employee final payouts (sick, vacation, etc.). Act as employee liaison with pension administrator to ensure timely processing of pension paperwork.
11. Responsible for new employee orientation, including pension enrollment, W-4 processing, I-9 compliance and Ohio new hire reporting, and other paperwork as required.
12. Maintaining sick, vacation, holiday and comp time accrual balances.
13. Perform various city billing as required (i.e. for installation of culverts).
14. Serve as a member of the Health Benefits Procurement Team.
15. Benefits administration.
16. Prepare year-end reports, including the processing of employee W-2’s, pension reports, wage and benefit accrual, 1099’s etc.
17. Establish and maintain the RC-2 Records Schedule and Retention Plan for the Finance Department and dispose of records according to the schedule.
18. Special projects or duties as assigned by the Finance Director and/or the Mayor.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Accuracy, good judgment and integrity with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- A minimum of five (5) years of Human Resources Management experience
- A minimum of five (5) years of Payroll Processing and Reporting experience
- Labor Relations skills helpful
- A minimum of two (2) years of college
- Bachelor of Business or degree preferred
This position description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of the City. Since no position description can detail all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a job, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a job, reasonably required for its performance, or required due to the changing.