Notice is given that the City of Westland shall conduct Civil Service testing to create a list of qualified applicants for filling any current & future laborer positions. Qualified individuals must submit a City application and resume to determine eligibility.
- Commercial Driver’s License with A & N endorsement preferred or obtained within six (6) months from date of hire
- High School diploma or GED equivalency
- Certificate (25-48 credit hours resulting in certificate), or Associate’s degree in any skilled trades preferred; or the equivalent education and/or work experience.
- Work is performed primarily outdoors and in all types of weather.
- Must be able to work overtime, including nights, weekends and holidays.
Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits package; see AFSCME Local 1602 Collective Bargaining Agreement on the Personnel Department page at www.cityofwestland.com for more information.
For placement on the Civil Service Eligibility List, only the top 75 applicants who successfully pass the written test will move onto the oral interview portion of the process.