Water Operator IICity Of Wentzville
Salary: $48,152.00 - $52,270.00 Annually
Job Type: Full-time
Adventurers wanted! The City of Wentzville is seeking a Water Operator II. The City was recently named to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch 2019 Top Workplaces list. This list is based solely on employee feedback gathered through a third-party survey, which measures several aspects of workplace culture, including how employees feel about pay, benefits, managers and leadership – just to name a few. The City of Wentzville was the only municipal government to be honored this year. The City offers excellent benefits including health, vision, dental, employer-paid life insurance, long-term disability, a retirement pension, 12 holidays, 2 floating holidays, vacation time, sick time, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance, a free recreation center membership and much more!
Current employees note that working for the City of Wentzville offers great opportunity for growth. The people are truly amazing, the benefits speak for themselves and there's always room for advancement.
Are you ready for an adventure? Complete an application for the opportunity to join our team!
Performs routine maintenance and repairs to the city's water distribution system in order to ensure efficient daily operations.
For priority consideration, submit application by 1/24/2020.
Essential & Ancillary Job Duties:
Essential Job Duties
- Oversee routine maintenance, repairs of main breaks and service leaks, and installation of waterline projects.
- Handle emergency main break leaks and repairs; repair failed distribution infrastructure and inspect and repair adjacent segments.
- Complete service inspections and maintenance; inspect new service installs ensuring compliance with DNR regulations and city standards.
- Perform locates in order to protect utilities and to provide help/information for customers.
- Read meters once a month and perform re-reads in order to ensure accuracy of water usage.
- Handle customer concerns and complaints and resolve any possible problems.
- Perform daily service tickets such as occupant changes, meter shut off, and meter turn on.
- Oversee installation of new meters and change out meters that are more than ten years old or not working properly.
- Monitor inventory and order more supplies as needed.
Ancillary Job Duties
- Participate in on-call rotation requiring a response time of 30 minutes or less.
- Respond to winter storm operations on a 24-hour call basis; plow snow and spread salt as needed to clear streets.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications & Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Education, experience and training that are required or desirable in order to effectively perform the job at the time of hire. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered. Additional requirements and/or substitutions may be requested and require the approval of HR.
- High school diploma or equivalent desired.
- Minimum of one year of related utilities experience required.
- Valid Class B CDL with airbrakes and tanker endorsement within 120 days of employment required. A valid driver's license is required upon hire.
- Certification Water Distribution DS-II testing within 120 days of employment required.
- Electrofusion LDC Certification desired.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills and abilities commonly associated with this position.
- Proficiency in use of basic business software (word processing, spreadsheets, email, presentations) and basic office equipment.
- Knowledge of HDPE pipes and fittings.
- Attention to detail and the ability to maintain concentrated focus.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers.
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential job duty.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
1001 Schroeder Creek Blvd
Wentzville, Missouri, 63385