Water Operator II
Water Operator II
Starting pay rate: $26.98/hr
The City of Wentzville:
The City offers excellent benefits, including health, vision, dental, employer-paid life insurance, long-term disability, a retirement pension, 13 holidays, two floating holidays, vacation time, sick time, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance, a discounted recreation center membership and more!
The Water Operator II position will perform routine maintenance and repairs to the City's water distribution system in order to ensure efficient daily operations. This position's typical duties include: handling emergency main break leaks and repairs; repairing failed distribution infrastructure and inspecting and repairing adjacent segments; completing service inspections and maintenance; inspecting new service installs; ensuring compliance with DNR regulations and city standards; performing locates to protect utilities and to provide help/information for customers, read meters once a month and perform re-reads to ensure accuracy of water usage, Handle customer concerns and complaints and resolve any possible problems. Water Operator II will also be a part of an on-call rotation requiring a response time of 30 minutes or less.
- Minimum of one year of related utilities experience required.
- Valid Class B CDL with airbrakes and tanker endorsement within 120 days of employment required. A valid drivers license is required upon hire.
- Certification Water Distribution DS-II testing within 120 days of employment required.
- Electrofusion LDC Certification desired.
- High school diploma or equivalent desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of HDPE pipes and fittings.
- Proficiency in use of basic business software (word processing, spreadsheets, email, presentations) and
basic office equipment.
- Attention to detail and the ability to maintain concentrated focus.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers.
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential job duty.
Apply online at www.wentzvillemo.gov/careers. The City of Wentzville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.