Water Operator IICity Of Wentzville
Water Operator II
Salary: $42,458.00 Annually
Location: 200 East 4th Street, Wentzville
Job Type: Full-time
Performs routine maintenance and repairs to the city's water distribution system in order to ensure efficient daily operations.
For priority consideration, please submit application by 5/13/19.
Essential & Ancillary Job Duties:
Essential Job Duties
- Oversee routine maintenance, repairs of main breaks and service leaks, and installation of waterline projects.
- Handle emergency main break leaks and repairs; repair failed distribution infrastructure and inspect and repair adjacent segments.
- Complete service inspections and maintenance; inspect new service installs ensuring compliance with DNR regulations and city standards.
- Perform locates in order to protect utilities and to provide help/information for customers.
- Read meters once a month and perform re-reads in order to ensure accuracy of water usage.
- Handle customer concerns and complaints and resolve any possible problems.
- Perform daily service tickets such as occupant changes, meter shut off, and meter turn on.
- Oversee installation of new meters and change out meters that are more than ten years old or not working properly.
- Monitor inventory and order more supplies as needed.
Ancillary Job Duties
- Participate in on-call rotation requiring a response time of 30 minutes or less.
- Respond to winter storm operations on a 24-hour call basis; plow snow and spread salt as needed to clear streets.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications & Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Education, experience and training that are required or desirable in order to effectively perform the job at the time of hire. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered. Additional requirements and/or substitutions may be requested and require the approval of HR.
- High school diploma or equivalent desired.
- Minimum of one year of related utilities experience required.
- Valid Class B CDL with airbrakes and tanker endorsement within 120 days of employment required. A valid driver's license is required upon hire.
- Certification Water Distribution DS-II testing within 120 days of employment required.
- Electrofusion LDC Certification desired.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills and abilities commonly associated with this position.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and other city software.
- Knowledge of HDPE pipes and fittings.
- Attention to detail and the ability to maintain concentrated focus.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers.
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
Work Environment & Physical Abilities:
Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the duties of this job.
- Primarily an outdoor work environment.
- May be exposed to loud noises from equipment.
- Occasionally exposed to varying, inclement weather; may be exposed to wet, humid, hot, and/or cold conditions.
- Occasionally required to work in hazardous traffic conditions and near moving mechanical parts.
- Occasionally required to wear protective gear in order to limit exposure to sewage, dust, chemicals, gases, and other toxic substances or conditions.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Work may require frequent standing, walking, climbing, bending, and lifting up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to speak and hear clearly.
- Must be able to have repetitive wrist, hand, and/or finger movement.
- Must have finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Must have clarity of vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential job duty.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
1001 Schroeder Creek Blvd
Wentzville, Missouri, 63385