Water Operator I PTCity Of Wentzville
Water Operator I PT
Salary: $18.56 Hourly
Assists with the operations and maintenance of the city's water distribution system and, including meter reading, inspection and repairs, water testing, cutting grass at City properties, and record keeping requirements.
This is a part-time position not eligible for benefits. Incumbents in this position will work between the months of April and October, up to 40 hours a week (weather permitting) Monday through Friday, and up to 24 hours a week during the fall/winter season.
Essential & Ancillary Job Duties:
Essential Job Duties
- Assist with inspection, maintenance, and repair of the water distribution system.
- Assist with fixing water mains and service leaks
- Assist with maintenance of fire hydrants and valves including painting fire hydrants, exercising valves, and completing minor repairs as needed.
- Assist with yard restoration and maintenance including brush hog easements, yard restorations from excavations, sod installations, vegetation control program, and mowing city water division properties.
- Assist with full water main installation projects.
- Perform daily operations such as processing service tickets, customer concerns, and shut-offs.
- Coordinate monthly meter reading for billing purposes.
- Operate backhoe, bobcat, front loader, high lift, skid loader, mini excavator, forklift, and dump trucks.
- Assist with DNR and EPA water testing and reporting functions.
- Assist with backflow prevention program.
Ancillary Job Duties
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications & Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Job Qualifications – Education, experience and training that are required or desirable in order to effectively perform the job at the time of hire. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered. Additional requirements and/or substitutions may be requested and require the approval of HR.
- High school diploma or equivalent desired.
- Minimum of one year of related work experience required.
- Valid Class B CDL with airbrakes and tanker endorsement within 120 days of employment required for full-time status. A valid driver's license is required upon hire (full-and-part-time status).
- Certification Water Distribution DS-I testing within 120 days of employment required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities – May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills and abilities commonly associated with this position.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and other city software.
- Attention to detail and the ability to maintain concentrated focus.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers.
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
Work Environment & Physical Abilities:
Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the duties of this job.
- Primarily an outdoor work environment.
- May be exposed to loud noises from equipment.
- Occasionally exposed to varying, inclement weather; may be exposed to wet, humid, hot, and/or cold conditions.
- Occasionally required to work in hazardous traffic conditions and near moving mechanical parts.
- Occasionally required to wear protective gear in order to limit exposure to sewage, dust, chemicals, gases, and other toxic substances or conditions.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Work may require frequent standing, walking, climbing, bending, and lifting up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to speak and hear clearly.
- Must be able to have repetitive wrist, hand, and/or finger movement.
- Must have finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Must have clarity of vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential job duty.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
1001 Schroeder Creek Blvd
Wentzville, Missouri, 63385