Street Maintenance Technician
Street Maintenance Technician
The City of Wentzville is seeking candidates interested in joining our Public Works team. Wentzville is one of the fastest-growing communities in the state. Come grow with us!
The Streets Maintenance Technician's typical duties include Operating a variety of equipment, vehicles, and power tools in order to perform skilled work to build, repair, or maintain streets, catch basins, storm drains, culverts, ditches, and public works projects. This position will participate in the maintenance and repair of asphalt surfaces to construct or repair streets, along with pouringand assisting in finishing concrete and masonry work, including rough carpentry work to construct forms for curbs, gutters, and ramps. The Street Maintenance Technician is also required to respond to winter storm operations on a 24-hour call basis including plowing snow and spreading salt as needed to clear streets.
The City of Wentzville is committed to being an employer of choice, offering prosperous and meaningful career opportunities and flexibility. The City offers excellent benefits, including health, vision, dental, employer-paid life insurance, long-term disability, a retirement pension, 13 paid holidays, 2 floating holidays, vacation time, sick time, tuition reimbursement, an employee assistance program, a discounted recreation center membership and much more.
This position will remain open until filled.
Job Qualifications – Education, experience, and training that are required or desirable in order to effectively perform the job at the time of hire. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered. Additional requirements and/or substitutions may be requested and require the approval of HR.
- Minimum of one year of experience in the construction, maintenance, and repair of city streets, rights-of-way, stormwater systems, and public works projects or other relevant experience required.
- Job-relevant certification/license, vocational/technical program completion, or completion of apprenticeship preferred.
- Certifications desired, or ability to obtain within 180 days required:
- Class B CDL
- Confined Space
- Chemical Spill
- Valid driver’s license required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities – May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills, and abilities commonly associated with this position.
- Knowledge of traffic laws, ordinances, and rules involved in equipment operation.
- Knowledge of tools, methods, materials, equipment, and terminology used in construction and maintenance of street and traffic control facilities.
- Knowledge of concrete placement and finishing methods, slump, and strength testing with related training preferred.
- Ability to provide exceptional service to internal and external customers.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with supervisors, co-workers, and customers by telephone, in writing, and in person.
- Ability to use good judgment and think rationally in difficult or stressful situations.
- Ability to develop goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work, as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work under direct supervision and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures and systems to accomplish tasks.
- Basic knowledge in the use of general computer programs and applications, including email and mobile apps.
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
- Ability to safely drive vehicles used to transport materials, tools and equipment
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential job duty. Job requires being reliable, responsible and dependable.
Apply online at www.wentzvillemo.gov/careers or click Apply Now. The City of Wentzville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.