Senior Parks Facility Maintenance Technician
Senior Parks Facility Maintenance Technician
Are you an experienced individual contributor with a passion for leading and executing maintenance programs and special projects? The City of Wentzville is seeking a skilled professional to join our Parks and Recreation team as a Senior Maintenance Specialist in the vibrant setting of the city's indoor park facilities.
Perform and Track: Execute a variety of routine semi-skilled and skilled duties related to ongoing maintenance programs and special projects.
Train Crew Members: Share your expertise by training crew members and ensuring they are equipped with the necessary skills to excel in their roles.
Lead Complex Tasks: Take the lead on more complex or specialized work tasks, demonstrating a high level of proficiency in maintenance and construction trades.
Exercise Independent Judgment: Utilize your independent judgment and discretion in planning and deploying the appropriate level of personnel and equipment to complete maintenance assignments and in-house construction projects.
Apply Specialized Knowledge: Apply your specialized knowledge of tools, equipment, methods, and techniques used in the maintenance and construction trades to ensure the highest quality of work.
Senior-Level Crew Member: Assume a senior-level role in the field, taking charge of training, assigning tasks, coordinating different work activities, and evaluating the work products and skills of individual crew members.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 9:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
This position will also be on a weekend rotation.
The City of Wentzville is committed to being an employer of choice, offering prosperous and meaningful career opportunities and flexibility. The City offers excellent benefits, including health, vision, dental, employer-paid life insurance, long-term disability, a retirement pension, 13 paid holidays, 2 floating holidays, vacation time, sick time, tuition reimbursement, an employee assistance program, a discounted recreation center membership and much more.
Job Qualifications Education, experience, and training that are required or desirable in order to effectively perform the job at the time of hire. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered. Additional requirements and/or substitutions may be requested and require the approval of HR.
- Minimum of five years of experience in construction, maintenance or one of the building trades is required, two years of experience in a leadership role is preferred.
- Job-relevant certification/license, vocational/technical program completion, or completion of apprenticeship required. College-level relevant coursework preferred.
- Additional job-related advanced degrees or certifications may be considered in lieu of experience.
- Journey-level experience in construction, maintenance or related trade is required.
- Experience in interpreting and working from construction blueprints and/or specifications is required.
- Class B CDL with airbrake endorsement preferred, or ability to obtain within 180 days of employment required.
- Valid driver's license is required.
- First-Aid/CPR certification preferred, or ability to obtain within one year of employment required.
- Additional training or experience in electronic control systems, security systems, and/or welding and fabrication is desired.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills, and abilities commonly associated with this position.
- Advanced knowledge of standard and accepted preventative maintenance requirements.
- Advanced knowledge of methods, tools, materials and equipment used in the operation, preventative maintenance and repair of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, refrigeration, electrical and plumbing systems.
- Advanced knowledge of principles and practices of safety management, including lock-out/tag-out procedures.
- Working knowledge of pertinent local, state, and federal laws, ordinances, codes, and rules.
- Basic knowledge of office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and applicable software applications such as project management and building automation system software, word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Ability to adjust and calibrate pneumatic, electrical and computerized controls connected to HVAC systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot/diagnose and correct infrastructure problems with assigned facilities, equipment, and systems.
- Ability to safely and skillfully operate assigned vehicles, hand and power tools and mechanical equipment required to complete work assignments.
- Ability to direct and instruct less experienced employees on proper work methods and use of tools and equipment
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings, plans, and specifications.
- Ability to develop basic cost estimates for supplies, equipment, and assigned projects.
- Ability to provide exceptional service to internal and external customers. Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with supervisors, subordinates, co-workers, and customers by telephone, in writing, and in person.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to anticipate, organize, and prioritize routine, non-routine, and complex tasks based on defined processes to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently under moderate supervision and make responsible decisions.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential job duty. Job requires being reliable, responsible and dependable.
Apply online at www.wentzvillemo.gov/careers or click APPLY NOW. The City of Wentzville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.