Senior Facility Maintenance Technician - Paint/DrywallCity Of Wentzville
Salary: $42,458.00 Annually
Job Type: Full-time
Department: PUBLIC WORKS
Closing: 9/23/2019 5:00 PM Central
Adventurers wanted! The City of Wentzville is seeking a Senior Facility Maintenance Technician specializing in painting and drywall. The City was recently named to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch 2019 Top Workplaces list. This list is based solely on employee feedback gathered through a third-party survey, which measures several aspects of workplace culture, including how employees feel about pay, benefits, managers and leadership – just to name a few. The City of Wentzville was the only municipal government to be honored this year. The City offers excellent benefits including health, vision, dental, employer-paid life insurance, long-term disability, a retirement pension, 12 holidays, 2 floating holidays, vacation time, sick time, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance, a free recreation center membership and much more!
Current employees note that working for the City of Wentzville offers great opportunity for growth. The people are truly amazing, the benefits speak for themselves and there's always room for advancement.
Are you ready for an adventure? Complete an application for the opportunity to join our team!
Performs skilled mechanical tasks in the repair and maintenance of city facilities and complete in-house construction projects in order to uphold the aesthetics of all City facilities. Incumbents in this position will perform work primarily in one of the following areas of concentration: HVAC, electrical work, or drywall taping/finishing and painting. The vacancy for this position is for a technician specializing in painting and drywall.
Essential & Ancillary Job Duties:
Essential Job Duties
- Perform all scheduled maintenance on area of specialty HVAC and/or electrical systems (HVAC tech).
- Install, troubleshoot, maintain, and repair HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and construction systems (HVAC tech).
- Perform preventative maintenance on City facilities, properties, and lift stations (Electrician tech).
- Repair imperfections on walls due to wear and tear (Painter tech).
- Prep and paint interior and exterior walls and other surfaces (Painter tech).
- Schedule and meet with contractors for repairs, and order replacement parts and materials.
- Maintain equipment, including vehicles, lifts, and tools.
- Research pricing on equipment and materials; maintain records relating to purchases and repairs.
Ancillary Job Duties
- Assist other technicians with repairs to city facilities, including electrical, plumbing, painting and carpentry tasks.
- Respond to winter storm operations on a 24 hour call basis; plow snow and spread salt as needed to clear parking lots and streets.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications & Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Job Qualifications– Education, experience and training that are required or desirable in order to effectively perform the job at the time of hire. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered. Additional requirements and/or substitutions may be requested and require the approval of HR.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a related field required.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Associate's degree or certification in HVAC Technology, Electrical Technology, Carpentry Maintenance, Facilities Technology or a related field preferred.
- OSHA 10 certification required within 120 days of employment.
- Prior forklift training or ability to complete within 120 days of employment.
- EPA Section 608 Technician (Universal) Certification within 120 days of employment required (for HVAC technician only).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities – May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills and abilities commonly associated with this position.
- Knowledge of construction safety and ability to safely operate power tools.
- Attention to detail and the ability to maintain concentrated focus.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
- Ability to occasionally flex work schedule in order to complete projects required outside of the standard hours of operation.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential job duty.
Work Environment & Physical Abilities:
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the duties of this job.
- Indoor and outdoor work environment. May be exposed to loud noises from equipment.
- Occasionally exposed to varying, inclement weather; may be exposed to wet, humid, hot, and/or cold conditions.
- Occasionally required to work in hazardous traffic conditions and near moving mechanical parts; may work in high and dangerous places and elevated surfaces.
- Occasionally required to wear protective gear to limit exposed to dust, chemicals, and environmental toxins.
Physical Abilities – The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Ability to perform strenuous manual tasks for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to regularly lift and carry up to 50 pounds; occasionally lift and move up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to speak and hear clearly.
- Must be able to have repetitive wrist, hand, and/or finger movement.
- Must have finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Must have clarity of vision and the ability to adjust focus.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
1001 Schroeder Creek Blvd
Wentzville, Missouri, 63385