Recreation Supervisor - Ice Arena Programs
Recreation Supervisor - Ice Arena Programs
Starting Rate: $63,049.00 Annually
The City of Wentzville is seeking candidates interested in joining our Engineering team. Wentzville is one of the fastest-growing communities in the state. Come grow with us!
The Recreation Supervisor - Ice Arena Programs is responsible and accountable for the day-to-day operation and administration of the Wentzville Ice Arena's figure skating and hockey programs, leagues, and events. This position will be responsible for creating, developing, and implementing ice arena programming (skate lessons, learn-to-play programs, afterschool skating, adult hockey leagues, hockey tournaments, curling leagues, ice shows, etc.) to meet community and customer needs. Other duties in this position will also include hiring, training, and supervising assigned staff and maintaining technical proficiency within the ice arena programming field (knowledge of USA Hockey rules and coaching curriculum, knowledge of Ice-Skating Institute and/or United States Figure Skating coaching curriculum and rules).
The City of Wentzville is committed to being an employer of choice, offering prosperous and meaningful career opportunities and flexibility. The City offers excellent benefits, including health, vision, dental, employer-paid life insurance, long-term disability, a retirement pension, 13 paid holidays, 2 floating holidays, vacation time, sick time, tuition reimbursement, an employee assistance program, a discounted recreation center membership and much more.
This job posting will remain open until filled.
Job Qualifications – Education, experience, and training that are required or desirable in order to effectively perform the job at the time of hire. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered. Additional requirements and/or substitutions may be requested and require the approval of HR.
- Bachelor's degree in Management, Marketing, Business, Recreation Management, or a closely related field or a minimum of five years of relevant experience required.
- Additional experience in the field may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Additional job-related advanced degrees or certifications may be considered in lieu of experience.
- Certified Ice Rink Manager (CIRM) certification is desired.
- Experience overseeing recreational leagues, figure skating programs, hockey programs, and special events desired.
- Experience in supervising staﬀ desired.
- First Aid/CPR card preferred, or ability to obtain within 90 days of employment required.
- Valid driverʼs license required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities – May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills, and abilities commonly associated with this position.
- Thorough understanding of the processes, protocols, and procedures used in operating recreational ice activities.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of ice skate instruction, league management, skate guarding, CPR & first aid.
- Thorough understanding of budgeting and financial accounts.
- General knowledge of ice maintenance principles and best practices.
- Ability to think strategically and develop “out of the box” ideas for increasing sales and controlling costs.
- Ability to analyze problem situations and develop eﬀective solutions, exercising good judgment in keeping with the mission of the ice center.
- Ability to provide exceptional service to internal and external customers.
- Ability to lead a team and develop individual team members.
- Ability to manage and monitor division operations and services and implement procedural changes as needed to improve workflow and productivity.
- Ability to communicate eﬀectively and professionally with supervisors, subordinates, co-workers, and customers by telephone, in writing, and in person.
- Ability to develop goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work for self and others, as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to make quality decisions that impact the team and direction of project work.
- Ability to use good judgment and think rationally in difficult or stressful situations.
- Proficiency in the use of basic business software (word processing, spreadsheets, email, presentations) and basic oﬀice equipment.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential job duty. The job requires being reliable, responsible and dependable.
See full job posting and apply online at www.wentzvillemo.gov/careers. The City of Wentzville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.