Recreation Coordinator - Aquatics
Recreation Coordinator - Aquatics
SALARY: $40,857.00 - $45,526.00 Annually
JOB TYPE: Full-time
DEPARTMENT: PARKS & RECREATION
LOCATION: 968 Meyer Rd., Wentzville
CLOSING DATE: 2/3/2022 5:00 PM Central
Looking for a fun and exciting opportunity? Wentzville Parks and Recreation is searching for a hardworking, dependable individual with the motivation to help lead a team of diverse individuals. Under general supervision of the Recreation Manager – Aquatics, Ice and Fitness, this position provides general assistance and support to run the City’s aquatic operations. In this role, you will develop, implement and manage program schedules, fees, enrollment and registration as well as recruit, train, supervise and evaluate seasonal and contracted staff. The ideal candidate will be able to clearly communicate, be able to work in a fast paced environment and have the ability to work calmly in potential emergency situations. In order to promote the positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment Wentzville Parks and Recreation strives to provide, the successful candidate must display a positive attitude and friendly demeanor.
The City offers excellent benefits including health, vision, dental, employer-paid life insurance, long-term disability, a retirement pension, 12 holidays, two floating holidays, vacation time, sick time, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance, a discounted recreation center membership and much more!
ESSENTIAL & ANCILLARY JOB DUTIES:
Essential Job Duties
- Develops, implements, monitors and evaluates recreation programming for all age groups, interests and abilities; monitors the day-to-day operations and events to include class and membership registration and monetary transactions.
- Creates and formulates program ideas; determines program schedules and fees; prepares program information for brochure publication and registration; registers and enrolls participants; informs participants of program changes, cancellations, and refunds; evaluates class instructors and class programs.
- Establish policies for programs and facilities including participation eligibility, facility usage and management of part-time, seasonal staff and independent contractors.
- Prepares and maintains attendance reports on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis for classes; prepares and maintains enrollment and class program evaluations on a quarterly basis.
- Recruit, hire, train, supervise, and evaluate part time, seasonal, contracted staff and program volunteers.
- May lead work activities of designated personnel and volunteers; oversees work activities of part-time staff; recruits and participates in hiring new instructors, coaches, and assistants.
- Develop and conduct orientation, on-going training, and updating of program manuals for instructors, staff, and volunteers.
- Plan, coordinate, and evaluate education content, target markets, and fee structure for all marketing information; develop, prepare and distribute promotional materials.
- Coordinate the creation and dissemination of press releases, advertisements, and brochures.
- Conduct inspections and audits; enforce all department policies and procedures, including health, and safety regulations.
- Participate in budget preparation, develop and monitor individual program budgets, and allocate resources to events, activities, programs, and projects.
- Submit bids and purchase necessary equipment, materials, and services.
- Negotiate contracts, fees, facilities, and independent contractor services to provide programs or special events.
- Process and submit payroll in compliance with all city, state, and federal regulations
- Investigates and resolves citizen complaints concerning classes, instructors, or the facility.
- Monitors the use of aquatic equipment and facilities; participates in cleaning and maintaining equipment; orders supplies and equipment as needed.
Ancillary Job Duties
- Relieves superiors of routine administrative functions.
- Act as an official, umpire, or classroom instructor when needed.
- Attend and provide training programs as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS & KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Job Qualifications – Education, experience and training that are required or desirable in order to effectively perform the job at the time of hire. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered. Additional requirements and/or substitutions may be requested and require the approval of HR.
- Bachelor’s degree in Parks and Recreation Management, Sports Management, Business Administration, or a related field required.
- Prior customer service experience required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- CPR and First Aid certifications required.
- Certified Pool Operator and Lifeguard Instructor desired.
- Prior experience in parks and recreation desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency in use of basic business software (word processing, spreadsheets, email, presentations) and basic office equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and make responsible decisions.
- Ability to use good judgment and think quickly and rationally.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential job duty.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the duties of this job.
- Indoor and outdoor work environment.
- May be exposed to moderate noise levels.
- Occasionally exposed to inclement weather conditions and extreme heat.
- Occasionally required to work around hazardous traffic conditions during events.
Physical Abilities – The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Work may require frequent sitting, standing, walking, climbing, bending, and lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to speak and hear clearly.
- Must be able to have repetitive wrist, hand, and/or finger movement.
- Must have finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Must have clarity of vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The City of Wentzville is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The City does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. The City of Wentzville makes every effort to fully comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer. The City of Wentzville is a drug and alcohol free work place. A pre-employment drug screen is required for all positions. The City of Wentzville participates in E-Verify.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
1001 Schroeder Creek Blvd
Wentzville, MO 63385
RECREATION COORDINATOR - AQUATICS