Recreation Aide –Special Events
Recreation Aide –Special Events
SALARY: $11.92 - $12.49 Hourly
DEPARTMENT: PARKS & RECREATION
OPENING DATE: 04/09/21
CLOSING DATE: 05/14/21 05:00 PM
Opportunities available in a friendly, fast-paced workplace! Wentzville Parks and Recreation is looking for individuals who are self-motivated, energized and passionate about working in the Special Events industry. You will assist the Events & Volunteers Supervisor with various responsibilities relating to the City’s Special Events such as Wentzville Days, Fourth of July Parade, Fall Festival and Holiday Night Lights. In addition, you will also assist with the enhancement and growth of our volunteer program. Events and Volunteers Recreation Aides must have a flexible schedule. Some evenings, weekends and holidays will be required due to program and event scheduling. Successful candidates must be able to effectively communicate with patrons and volunteers and be able to work in a fast paced environment while remaining calm in stressful situations. This is a fun, exciting position that requires a positive attitude and friendly demeanor in order to provide great recreational experiences for all who live, work and play in the City of Wentzville.
For priority consideration, submit application by 4/22/2021.
ESSENTIAL & ANCILLARY JOB DUTIES: Essential Job Duties
- Assist patrons in registering and participating in programs and answer patron inquiries
- Complete required reports, including facility-tracking reports, incident reports, and accident reports.
- Meet special needs of participants by modifying assignments and activities and providing general assistance as needed.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with patrons utilizing programs and the facility.
- Implement and design new programs.
- Coach and mentor participants.
- Monitor participant safety and maintain working knowledge of emergency plans and evacuation procedures.
Ancillary Job Duties
- Relieve superiors of routine administrative tasks.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS & KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:Job Qualifications Education, experience and training that are required or desirable in order to effectively perform the job at the time of hire. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered. Additional requirements and/or substitutions may be requested and require the approval of HR.
- High school diploma or equivalent desired.
- One year of related parks and recreation or customer service experience desired.
- Valid driver's license required.
- CPR and First Aid certifications required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills and abilities commonly associated with this position.
- Proficiency in use of basic business software (word processing, spreadsheets, email, presentations) and basic office equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and make responsible decisions.
- Ability to use good judgment and think quickly and rationally.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential job duty.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the duties of this job.
- Indoor and outdoor work environment.
- May be exposed to moderate noise levels.
- Occasionally exposed to inclement weather conditions and extreme heat.
Physical Abilities The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
Work may require frequent standing, walking, climbing, bending, and lifting andcarrying up to 45 pounds.
- Must be able to speak and hear clearly.
- Must be able to have repetitive wrist, hand, and/or finger movement.
- Must have finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Must have clarity of vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The City of Wentzville is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The City does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. The City of Wentzville makes every effort to fully comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer. The City of Wentzville is a drug and alcohol free work place. A pre-employment drug screen is required for all positions. The City of Wentzville participates in E-Verify.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
1001 Schroeder Creek Blvd Wentzville, MO 63385