Recreation Aide-Special EventsCity Of Wentzville
Recreation Aide-Special Events
Salary: $10.47 - $12.04 Hourly
Location: City Hall, 1001 Schroeder Creek Blvd. Wentzville
Job Type: Part-time
Department: PARKS & RECREATION
Closing: 5/17/2019 5:00 PM Central
This position will be helping with the organization and production of events and also the cultivation and coordination of volunteers.
This is a part-time position not eligible for benefits. Must have a flexible schedule and be available to work evenings, weekends, and occasionally holidays.
Essential & Ancillary Job Duties:
Essential Job Duties
- Assist patrons in registering and participating in programs and answer patron inquiries
- Complete required reports, including facility-tracking reports, incident reports, and accident reports.
- Meet special needs of participants by modifying assignments and activities and providing general assistance as needed.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with patrons utilizing programs and the facility.
- Implement and design new programs.
- Coach and mentor participants.
Monitor participant safety and maintain working knowledge of emergency plans and evacuation procedures.
Ancillary Job Duties
- Relieve superiors of routine administrative tasks.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications & Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Education, experience and training that are required or desirable in order to effectively perform the job at the time of hire. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered. Additional requirements and/or substitutions may be requested and require the approval of HR.
- High school diploma or equivalent desired.
- One year of related parks and recreation or customer service experience desired.
- Valid driver's license required.
- CPR and First Aid certifications required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills and abilities commonly associated with this position.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and office equipment and machines.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and make responsible decisions.
- Ability to use good judgment and think quickly and rationally.
Work Environment & Physical Abilities:
Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the duties of this job.
- Indoor and outdoor work environment.
- May be exposed to moderate noise levels.
- Occasionally exposed to inclement weather conditions and extreme heat.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Work may require frequent standing, walking, climbing, bending, and lifting and carrying up to 45 pounds.
- Must be able to speak and hear clearly.
- Must be able to have repetitive wrist, hand, and/or finger movement.
- Must have finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Must have clarity of vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential job duty.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
1001 Schroeder Creek Blvd
Wentzville, Missouri, 63385