Police OfficerCity Of Wentzville
Salary: $26.04 Hourly
Job Type: Full-time
Department: PUBLIC SAFETY
Closing: 9/12/2019 5:00 PM Central
Adventurers wanted! The City of Wentzville is seeking a Police Officer. The City was recently named to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch 2019 Top Workplaces list. This list is based solely on employee feedback gathered through a third-party survey, which measures several aspects of workplace culture, including how employees feel about pay, benefits, managers and leadership – just to name a few. The City of Wentzville was the only municipal government to be honored this year. The City offers excellent benefits including health, vision, dental, employer-paid life insurance, long-term disability, a retirement pension, 12 holidays, 2 floating holidays, vacation time, sick time, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance, a free recreation center membership and much more!
Current employees note that working for the City of Wentzville offers great opportunity for growth. The people are truly amazing, the benefits speak for themselves and there's always room for advancement.
Are you ready for an adventure? Complete an application for the opportunity to join our team!
Patrols the City of Wentzville and performs a variety of tasks including investigating crimes, responding to citizen complaints and requests for assistance, and enforcing traffic laws.
Essential & Ancillary Job Duties:
Essential Job Duties
- Patrol the city, answer radio calls, conduct traffic stops, investigate accidents, and complete all required documentation.
- Investigate crime(s), process and evaluate physical evidence, testify as needed, and complete all required documentation according to proper procedures and regulations.
- Facilitate citizen's requests for assistance and ensure their safety needs.
- Promote safety through DWI enforcement and Drug Recognition Expert evaluations.
- Prepare training programs and teach in-service training courses.
- Participate in community outreach programs.
- Assist other agencies (Fire, EMS, DFS, etc.) with investigations or security.
- Assist in the maintenance of department equipment.
Ancillary Job Duties
- Conduct background investigations on job applicants as assigned.
- Perform life-saving skills such as CPR or AED as needed.
- May be required to serve in a special assignment such as a School Resource Officer, Park Ranger, or Animal Control Officer.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications & Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Education, experience and training that are required or desirable in order to effectively perform the job at the time of hire. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered. Additional requirements and/or substitutions may be requested and require the approval of HR.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice or a related field desired.
- Police Academy graduate or Missouri Peace Officer Certification (POST) required.
- Two years of related experience desired.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Must pass a comprehensive background investigation.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills and abilities commonly associated with this position.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and basic office equipment/machines.
- Maintain continuing education hours annually as required by the Missouri POST Commission.
- Knowledge of the layout of the City.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing and to de-escalate tense situations as they arise.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to use good judgment and think quickly in difficult or stressful situations.
- Ability to identify potential liabilities and minimize negative exposure.
Work Environment & Physical Abilities:
Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the duties of this job.
- Indoor and outdoor work environment with much of time spent patrolling in police vehicle.
- Potential risk of encountering violent persons.
- Exposure to moderate noise levels.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to speak and hear clearly.
- Must be able to stand and walk for significant periods of time.
- Must be comfortable driving frequently and for significant periods of time.
- Must be able to perform repetitive wrist, hand, and/or finger movement.
- Must have finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and wear weighted equipment for extended periods.
- Must have clarity of vision and the ability to adjust focus, judge distance and spatial relationships, and identify and distinguish colors.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential job duty.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
1001 Schroeder Creek Blvd
Wentzville, Missouri, 63385