Parks Maintenance Technician
Parks Maintenance Technician
The City of Wentzville is seeking candidates interested in joining our Parks and Recreation team. Wentzville is one of the fastest-growing communities in the state. Come grow with us!
Under direct supervision, participates in construction, rehabilitation, troubleshooting, and skilled maintenance of park structures and facilities. Determines appropriate work methods, tools, and materials for most assignments and assigned projects. Work is usually performed under direct supervision, but routine activities are often carried out independently. The position requires the application of specialized knowledge of the tools, equipment, methods, and techniques used in the maintenance and construction of the Department’s buildings, structures, and amenities.
The City of Wentzville is committed to being an employer of choice, offering prosperous and meaningful career opportunities, excellent benefits, and flexibility.
This is a part-time position not to exceed an average of 29 hours per week.
This job posting will remain open until filled.
Job Qualifications Education, experience, and training that are required or desirable in order to effectively perform the job at the time of hire. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered. Additional requirements and/or substitutions may be requested and require the approval of HR.
- Minimum of one year of experience in experience mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and carpentry work or other relevant experience is required.
- Job-relevant certification/license, vocational/technical program completion, or completion of apprenticeship preferred.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- First-Aid/CPR certification preferred, or the ability to obtain within one year of employment required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills, and abilities commonly associated with this position.
- Advanced understanding of building maintenance principles and techniques, methods, materials, tools, equipment, and standards applicable to the field.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
- Ability to prepare, organize, and track maintenance and inspection plans.
- Ability to provide exceptional service to internal and external customers.
- Ability to manage and monitor division operations and services and implement procedural changes as needed to improve workflow and productivity.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with supervisors, subordinates, co-workers, and customers by telephone, in writing, and in person.
- Ability to develop goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work for self and others, as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to use good judgment and think rationally in difficult or stressful situations.
- Ability to work under direct supervision and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures and systems to accomplish tasks.
- Basic knowledge in the use of general computer programs and applications, including email and mobile apps.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential job duty. Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable.
Apply online at www.wentzvillemo.gov/careers or click APPLY NOW. The City of Wentzville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.