Marketing Aide - Creative DesignCity Of Wentzville
Marketing Aide - Creative Design
Salary: $15.34 - $17.97 Hourly
Location: City Hall, 1001 Schroeder Creek Blvd. Wentzville
Job Type: Part-time
Department: PARKS & RECREATION
Closing: 5/15/2019 5:00 PM Central
Works to achieve and communicate the City's vision and goals through the application of various design or media occupations, including photography, graphic design, graphic art, or web page design support and artistic services. Develops and designs two dimensional or photographic images for use in a variety of internal and external communication materials or for web pages in a positive, creative manner using computer software, computer programming skills, digital photography, or other media. Advises internal customers on graphic design options and makes recommendations to meet desired outcomes within budgetary and deadline constraints.
This is a part time position, not eligible for benefits. Must have a flexible schedule & be able to work evenings, weekends & occasionally holidays. For priority consideration, please submit application by 5/13/19.
Essential & Ancillary Job Duties:
Essential Job Duties
- Work with the Department to provide graphic design and marketing materials for addressing issues and promoting programs, services, or events.
- Provide artistic direction for internal and external communication materials including brochures, newsletters, displays, presentations, advertisements, logos, and other materials.
- Develop and coordinate graphic concepts and conduct research to determine the priority, method, and materials to be used; prepare preliminary layouts and conceptual schematic studies related to departmental goals.
- Provide graphic design support for the Department's web site and social media sites, which can include assisting with design of site styles, page layouts, information architecture, navigation schema, online graphics, advertisements, multimedia, and related materials.
- Collaborate with web team and internal customers in developing site designs.
- Develop custom text and graphic content and adapt existing content to a web-friendly format.
- Create graphics, page layouts, and design templates for City websites in order to enhance and maintain the City's web presence and online marketing efforts. Schedules social media posts.
- Photograph City events and members in a positive, creative manner for city, local, state, and regional publications. Perform all aspects of photographic production from initial concept through final production.
- Assign and direct volunteers to help photograph events; coordinate and schedule photo shoots.
- Stay current with new algorithms added to social media sites in order to increase the impact of each social media post.
Ancillary Job Duties
- Relieve superiors of routine administrative tasks.
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary or assigned.
Job Qualifications & Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Job Qualifications – Education, experience and training that are required or desirable in order to effectively perform the job at the time of hire. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered. Additional requirements and/or substitutions may be requested and require the approval of HR.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Graphic Design, Graphic Art, Web Page Design, Marketing, or a related field desired.
- Minimum of one year of related, professional experience required.
- Experience with social media marketing is required.
- Experience in a public sector/government environment is desired.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Must have professional presentation skills; experience operating audio/video equipment is desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities – May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills and abilities commonly associated with this position.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of marketing, photography, graphic, and web design.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Acrobat Pro. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office as well.
- Knowledge of artistic principles, graphic design industry standards, and print production processes in order to manage all aspects of print production in the development of communication materials.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
Work Environment & Physical Abilities:
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the duties of this job.
- Indoor and outdoor work environment.
- Occasionally required to work in inclement weather conditions, rain, and heat.
- Occasionally required to work around hazardous traffic conditions during events
- Exposed to moderate noise levels.
Physical Abilities – The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to stand and walk occasionally.
- Must be able to speak and hear clearly.
- Must be able to perform repetitive wrist, hand, and/or finger movement.
- Must have finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Must have clarity of vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential job duty.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
1001 Schroeder Creek Blvd
Wentzville, Missouri, 63385