Marketing Aid - Creative Design
Wentzville Parks and Recreation is seeking an organized, creative and energetic individual to work as a part of the Marketing and Communications Division. The position assists in developing and implementing marketing plans and strategies for the Wentzville Parks and Recreation brand. In this role they will support the Marketing and Communications Supervisor by developing sales strategies, marketing campaigns, social media campaigns and collecting and interpreting marketing analytics. They are also expected to help identify marketing trends and opportunities for growth, as well as create marketing materials such as flyers, brochures and social media posts. Effective written and verbal communication skills and a high level of attention to detail are important keys to success in this role. This work is critical to the smooth operation of the division and the attainment of its goals, as well as for the long-term growth of the Parks and Recreation Department.
Works to achieve and communicate the City's vision and goals through the application of various design or media occupations, including photography, graphic design, graphic art, or web page design support and artistic services. Develops and designs two dimensional or photographic images for use in a variety of internal and external communication materials or for web pages in a positive, creative manner using computer software, computer programming skills, digital photography, or other media. Advises internal customers on graphic design options and makes recommendations to meet desired outcomes within budgetary and deadline constraints.
Starting pay is based on experience and qualifications. This is a part-time position not to exceed 29 hours per week. This position is not eligible for insurance benefits.
This posting will remain open until a sufficient number of qualified applicants are received.
Essential & Ancillary Job Duties
- Work with the Department to provide graphic design and marketing materials for addressing issues and promoting programs, services, or events.
- Provide artistic direction for internal and external communication materials including brochures, newsletters, displays, presentations, advertisements, logos, and other materials.
- Develop and coordinate graphic concepts and conduct research to determine the priority, method, and materials to be used; prepare preliminary layouts and conceptual schematic studies related to departmental goals.
- Provide graphic design support for the Department's web site and social media sites, which can include assisting with design of site styles, page layouts, information architecture, navigation schema, online graphics, advertisements, multimedia, and related materials.
- Collaborate with web team and internal customers in developing site designs.
- Develop custom text and graphic content and adapt existing content to a web-friendly format.
- Create graphics, page layouts, and design templates for City websites in order to enhance and maintain the City's web presence and online marketing efforts. Schedules social media posts.
- Photograph City events and members in a positive, creative manner for city, local, state, and regional publications. Perform all aspects of photographic production from initial concept through final production.
- Assign and direct volunteers to help photograph events; coordinate and schedule photo shoots.
- Stay current with new algorithms added to social media sites in order to increase the impact of each social media post.
- Relieve superiors of routine administrative tasks.
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary or assigned.
Job Qualifications – Education, experience and training that are required or desirable in order to effectively perform the job at the time of hire. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered. Additional requirements and/or substitutions may be requested and require the approval of HR.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Graphic Design, Graphic Art, Web Page Design, Marketing, or a related field desired.
- Minimum of one year of related, professional experience required.
- Experience with social media marketing is required.
- Experience in a public sector/government environment is desired.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Must have professional presentation skills; experience operating audio/video equipment is desired.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of marketing, photography, graphic, and web design.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Acrobat Pro. Must be proficient in use of basic business software (word processing, spreadsheets, email, presentations) and basic office equipment.
- Knowledge of artistic principles, graphic design industry standards, and print production processes in order to manage all aspects of print production in the development of communication materials.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential job duty.
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the duties of this job.
- Indoor and outdoor work environment.
- Occasionally required to work in inclement weather conditions, rain, and heat.
- Occasionally required to work around hazardous traffic conditions during events
- Exposed to moderate noise levels.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to stand and walk occasionally.
- Must be able to speak and hear clearly.
- Must be able to perform repetitive wrist, hand, and/or finger movement.
- Must have finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Must have clarity of vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Agency: City of Wentzville
- Address: 1001 Schroeder Creek Blvd, Wentzville, Missouri, 63385
- Phone: 636-639-2190, 636-639-2007
- Website: http://www.wentzvillemo.org