Lead Front Desk Attendant
Salary : $10.55 Hourly
Location: 968 Meyer Rd., Wentzville
Job Type: Part-time
Department: PARKS & RECREATION
Job Number: 00479
The Wentzville Parks and Recreation Department is seeking hardworking, energetic and passionate people to join our Front Desk team. The motivated leadership we are looking for serves as the face of the Department, providing extraordinary customer service and understand that exceptional guest interactions are at the core of the Wentzville experience. In this leadership position, you will help set the tone—showcasing our stellar attention to detail and world-class willingness to serve. The ideal candidate is able to multitask, create a positive environment for staff and customers, demonstrate exceptional leadership skills and work well in individual and team settings in order to accomplish the goals of the Department. This individual will be responsible for registering customers for various programs, answering questions about the Department, completing assigned projects, training new staff members and maintaining staff productivity. Candidates must have excellent computer skills, the ability to clearly communicate ideas, adaptability in an ever-changing environment and a strong work ethic.
Provides accurate, exceptional, and courteous customer service when processing program registrations, facility reservations, and activity information to both internal and external customers. Provides general leadership, training, and work direction of assigned department team members and serves as Manager on Duty (MOD) as needed.
Essential & Ancillary Job Duties
Essential Job Duties
- Assist patrons in registering and participating in programs; answer phones, take registration, handle daily admission, and monitor facility usage.
- Serve as Manager on Duty (MOD) when needed; train and oversee the work of front desk staff.
- Complete required reports, including facility-tracking reports, incident reports, and accident reports.
- Meet special needs of participants by modifying assignments and activities and providing general assistance as needed.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with patrons utilizing programs and the facility.
- Monitor participant safety and maintain working knowledge of emergency plans and evacuation procedures.
Ancillary Job Duties
- Relieve superiors of routine administrative tasks.
- Serves in the capacity of the Recreation Services Specialist in his/her absence.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications & Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Job Qualifications – Education, experience and training that are required or desirable in order to effectively perform the job at the time of hire. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered. Additional requirements and/or substitutions may be requested and require the approval of HR.
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent desired.
- Minimum of one year of experience in customer service required.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Cash handling experience required.
- CPR/AED and First Aid certifications are required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities – May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills and abilities commonly associated with this position.
- Proficiency in use of basic business software (word processing, spreadsheets, email, presentations) and basic office equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and make responsible decisions.
- Ability to use good judgment and think quickly and rationally in difficult or stressful situations.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential job duty.
Work Environment & Physical Abilities
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the duties of this job.
- Primarily an indoor work environment.
- Occasionally required to work in inclement weather conditions, rain, and heat.
- May be exposed to loud noise levels.
Physical Abilities – The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Work may require frequent standing, walking, climbing, bending, and lifting and carrying up to 45 pounds.
- Must be able to speak and hear clearly.
- Must be able to perform repetitive wrist, hand, and/or finger movement.
- Must have finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Must have clarity of vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Agency: City of Wentzville
Address: 1001 Schroeder Creek Blvd, Wentzville, Missouri, 63385