Lead Facility Attendant
Lead Facility Attendant - Parks
The City of Wentzville is seeking candidates interested in joining our Parks and Recreation team. Wentzville is one of the fastest-growing communities in the state. Come grow with us!
The Lead Facility Attendant's typical duties include performing a wide variety of cleaning, care and maintenance of City facilities, Along with performing meeting room set-up and inventory management,Assisting with plumbing repairs, such as replacing faucets, pipes, flush-o-meters, unclogging drains and toilets, and changing batteries in plumbing fixtures This position may be required to work odd or unusual hours, including weekends, holidays, or evening and/or night shifts.
The City of Wentzville is committed to being an employer of choice, offering prosperous and meaningful career opportunities and flexibility. The City offers excellent benefits, including health, vision, dental, employer-paid life insurance, long-term disability, a retirement pension, 13 paid holidays, 2 floating holidays, vacation time, sick time, tuition reimbursement, an employee assistance program, a discounted recreation center membership and much more.
This job posting will remain open until filled.
Job Qualifications Education, experience, and training that are required or desirable in order to effectively perform the job at the time of hire. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered. Additional requirements and/or substitutions may be requested and require the approval of HR.
- Prior relevant experience is required.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- CPR and First Aid certifications preferred, or ability to obtain within 180 days of employment required.
- Lift Truck Certification is required within 180 days of employment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills, and abilities commonly associated with this position.
- Working knowledge of building cleaning technology and general building safety.
- Attention to detail and the ability to maintain concentrated focus.
- Ability to operate cleaning equipment properly.
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
- Drive vehicles used to transport materials, tools, and equipment.
- Ability to provide exceptional service to internal and external customers.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with supervisors, co-workers, and customers by telephone, in writing, and in person.
- Ability to use good judgment and think rationally in difficult or stressful situations.
- Ability to develop goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work, as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize routine and robust tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently under moderate supervision and make responsible decisions.
- Ability to work under established processes and solve problems within defined parameters.
- Basic knowledge in the use of general computer programs and applications, including email and mobile apps.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential job duty. The job requires being reliable, responsible and dependable.
Apply online at www.wentzvillemo.gov/careers. The City of Wentzville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.