Lead Concession Worker
Salary: $10.22 Hourly
Location: 968 Meyer Rd., Wentzville
Job Type: Part-time
Department: PARKS & RECREATION
Job Number: 00483
Essential & Ancillary Job Duties
Essential Job Duties
- Assist patrons with concessions purchases.
- Order, stock, and maintain inventory records on all concession products.
- Maintain a clean work environment and ensure that health department standards and regulations of sanitation and hygiene are met at all times.
- Receive money and count correct change for each sale; accurately manage cash registers.
- Present purchases to customers in an approved manner.
- Manage product by rotating concession food and drink stock, restocking products and supplies, and monitoring product quantity, temperature, and expiration.
- Maintain a clean work environment by preparing and handling food and beverage according to sanitation regulations, cleaning all parts of the concession stand and equipment, and properly disposing of trash and recyclables.
Ancillary Job Duties
- Provide training to Concession Workers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications & Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Education, experience and training that are required or desirable in order to effectively perform the job at the time of hire. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered. Additional requirements and/or substitutions may be requested and require the approval of HR.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Minimum of one year experience in customer service and/or cash handling required.
- Valid driver's license required
- Basic Sanitation course by St. Charles County Health required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills and abilities commonly associated with this position.
- Ability to operate a computer using a Point of Sales System for all concessions sales.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to use basic math skills (i.e., add, subtract, multiply, divide).
- Ability to complete monetary transactions with little or no errors.
- Ability to read and write simple correspondence.
- Ability to prepare and maintain inventory reports.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential job duty.
Work Environment & Physical Abilities
Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the duties of this job.
- Indoor and outdoor work conditions.
- Occasionally required to work in inclement weather conditions, rain, and heat.
- May be exposed to loud noise levels.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Work requires frequent standing, walking, climbing, bending, and lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to speak and hear clearly.
- Must be able to have repetitive wrist, hand, and/or finger movement.
- Must have finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Must have clarity of vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Agency: City of Wentzville
1001 Schroeder Creek Blvd
Wentzville, Missouri, 63385