GIS Coordinator - Public Works P-TCity Of Wentzville
Salary: $25.42 - $27.05 Hourly
Department: PUBLIC WORKS
Adventurers wanted! The City of Wentzville is seeking a GIS Coordinator - Public Works Part Time. The City was recently named to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch 2019 Top Workplaces list. This list is based solely on employee feedback gathered through a third-party survey, which measures several aspects of workplace culture, including how employees feel about pay, benefits, managers and leadership – just to name a few. The City of Wentzville was the only municipal government to be honored this year.
Current employees note that working for the City of Wentzville offers great opportunity for growth. The people are truly amazing, the benefits speak for themselves and there's always room for advancement.
Are you ready for an adventure? Complete an application for the opportunity to join our team!
This position is temporary through December 2019. This is a part-time position not eligible for benefits.
Responsible for Public Works Geographic Information Systems (GIS) services. Provides GIS IT support, data collection, and cartographic services.
Essential & Ancillary Job Duties:
Essential Job Duties
- Coordinate with Planning Division GIS Coordinator to maintain the GIS IT infrastructure, ensuring that it is consistently available to Public Works staff.
- Manage and update various base map layers and integrate layers from internal and outside agencies in the city GIS, including infrastructure, subdivisions, utilities, etc.
- Provide and maintain interactive maps for the Public Works Department.
- Research and gather data related to utilities and infrastructure for continued map maintenance.
- Create various maps as requested.
- Keep apprised of current GIS technology, train users, and aid in planning for future technological needs and advances.
Ancillary Job Duties
- Coordinate with IT staff on GIS related and citywide IT related server and software applications.
- Update City website for mapping for Public Works.
- Oversee data collection and perform quality checks for Public Works.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications & Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Job Qualifications – Education, experience, and training that are required or desirable in order to effectively perform the job at the time of hire. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered. Additional requirements and/or substitutions may be requested and require the approval of HR.
- Bachelor's degree in Geography, Geographic Information Science, Computer Science, or related field required.
- GISP certification desired.
- Prior GIS experience desired.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities – May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills, and abilities commonly associated with this position.
- Familiarity with ArcGIS software and SQL server databases.
- Knowledge of GPS activities and cartography.
- Understanding of the GIS needs of local government.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and basic office equipment/machines.
- Clear verbal communication skills and ability to give and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and make responsible decisions.
- Ability to use good judgment and think quickly and rationally in difficult or stressful situations.
Work Environment & Physical Abilities:
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the duties of this job.
- Primarily an indoor work environment.
- Exposure to moderate noise levels.
Physical Abilities – The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to speak and hear clearly.
- Must be able to perform repetitive wrist, hand and/or finger movement in order to type and work on computer.
- Must have finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination in order to work on computer, telephone, and related office equipment.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds.
- Must have clarity of vision and the ability to adjust focus and distinguish colors.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential job duty.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
1001 Schroeder Creek Blvd
Wentzville, Missouri, 63385