Front Desk Attendant
Salary : $9.77 Hourly
Location: 968 Meyer Rd., Wentzville
Job Type: Part-time
Department: PARKS & RECREATION
Job Number: 00480
If you have the natural ability to communicate and enjoy working with others, the Wentzville Parks and Recreation Department welcomes you to join our team. Here, we expect you to make first-time guests feel like regulars and make regulars feel like good friends. Each day will open your mind to a world of possibilities, growth opportunities and the chance to meet people from all corners of the community. The primary function of an employee in this position is to answer inquiries, direct and provide customer service to patrons in the Progress Park Recreation Center as well as provide administrative and programming support to the facility while working in a team setting. This position is responsible for taking customer registrations and payments for various programs, answering questions about the Department and must have great computer skills, the ability to clearly communicate ideas, and display adaptability and a strong work ethic in an ever-changing environment.
Serves as front-line customer service representative for Parks facilities, providing respectful, professional, and positive service in all interactions with patrons and staff. Relays information for certain activities or events and assists patrons with registrations, memberships, and pavilion rentals.
Essential & Ancillary Job Duties
Essential Job Duties
- Assist patrons in registering and participating in programs; answer phones, take registration, handle daily admission, and monitor facility usage.
- Complete required reports, including facility-tracking reports, incident reports, and accident reports.
- Meet special needs of participants by modifying assignments and activities and providing general assistance as needed.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with patrons utilizing programs and the facility.
- Monitor participant safety and maintain working knowledge of emergency plans and evacuation procedures.
Ancillary Job Duties
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications & Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Education, experience and training that are required or desirable in order to effectively perform the job at the time of hire. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered. Additional requirements and/or substitutions may be requested and require the approval of HR.
- No specific level of education is required to be qualified for this position.
- Prior customer service and/or cash handling experience is desired.
- CPR/AED and First Aid certifications are required within 180 days of hire.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills and abilities commonly associated with this position.
- Proficiency in use of basic business software (word processing, spreadsheets, email, presentations) and basic office equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and make responsible decisions.
- Ability to use good judgment and think quickly and rationally in difficult or stressful situations.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential job duty.
Work Environment & Physical Abilities
Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the duties of this job.
- Primarily an indoor work environment.
- Occasionally required to work in inclement weather conditions, rain, and heat.
- May be exposed to loud noise levels.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Work may require frequent standing, walking, climbing, bending, and lifting and carrying up to 45 pounds.
- Must be able to speak and hear clearly.
- Must be able to perform repetitive wrist, hand, and/or finger movement.
- Must have finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Must have clarity of vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Agency: City of Wentzville
Address: 1001 Schroeder Creek Blvd, Wentzville, Missouri, 63385