Front Desk AttendantCity Of Wentzville
Salary: $9.69 Hourly
Job Type: Part-time
Serves as front-line customer service representative for Parks facilities, providing respectful, professional, and positive service in all interactions with patrons and staff. Relays information for certain activities or events and assists patrons with registrations, memberships, and pavilion rentals.
This is a part time position not eligible for benefits. Must have a flexible schedule and be able to work evenings, weekends and occasionally holidays.
Essential & Ancillary Job Duties:
Essential Job Duties
- Assist patrons in registering and participating in programs; answer phones, take registration, handle daily admission, and monitor facility usage.
- Complete required reports, including facility-tracking reports, incident reports, and accident reports.
- Meet special needs of participants by modifying assignments and activities and providing general assistance as needed.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with patrons utilizing programs and the facility.
- Monitor participant safety and maintain working knowledge of emergency plans and evacuation procedures.
Ancillary Job Duties
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications & Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Education, experience and training that are required or desirable in order to effectively perform the job at the time of hire. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered. Additional requirements and/or substitutions may be requested and require the approval of HR.
- No specific level of education is required to be qualified for this position.
- Prior customer service and/or cash handling experience is desired.
- CPR/AED and First Aid certifications are required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills and abilities commonly associated with this position.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and basic knowledge of office equipment and machines.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and make responsible decisions.
- Ability to use good judgment and think quickly and rationally in difficult or stressful situations.
Work Environment & Physical Abilities:
Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the duties of this job.
- Primarily an indoor work environment.
- Occasionally required to work in inclement weather conditions, rain, and heat.
- May be exposed to loud noise levels.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Work may require frequent standing, walking, climbing, bending, and lifting and carrying up to 45 pounds.
- Must be able to speak and hear clearly.
- Must be able to perform repetitive wrist, hand, and/or finger movement.
- Must have finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Must have clarity of vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential job duty.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
1001 Schroeder Creek Blvd
Wentzville, Missouri, 63385