Facility Attendant - Parks
Facility Attendant - Parks
The City of Wentzville is seeking candidates interested in joining our Parks and Recreation team. Wentzville is one of the fastest-growing communities in the state. Come grow with us!
The Facility Attendant's typical duties include performing a wide variety of custodial tasks in the cleaning, care, and maintenance of City facilities. This position will assist with meeting and banquet plans, setups, and performing basic facility upkeep. The Facility Attendant may be required to work odd and unusual hours, including weekends, holidays, or evening and/or night shifts.
Typical hours for this position will be 3 p.m. - 11 p.m. and every other weekend.
The City of Wentzville is committed to being an employer of choice, offering prosperous and meaningful career opportunities and flexibility. The City offers excellent benefits, including health, vision, dental, employer-paid life insurance, long-term disability, a retirement pension, 13 paid holidays, 2 floating holidays, vacation time, sick time, tuition reimbursement, an employee assistance program, a discounted recreation center membership and much more.
This job posting will remain open until filled.
Job Qualifications Education, experience, and training that are required or desirable in order to effectively perform the job at the time of hire. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered. Additional requirements and/or substitutions may be requested and require the approval of HR.
- Prior experience preferred. Prior banquet/event setup and tear-down experience desired.
- CPR and First Aid certifications preferred, or ability to obtain within 180 days of employment required.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills, and abilities commonly associated with this position.
Knowledge of proper cleaning methods, materials, and equipment.
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic necessary to calculate portions of cleaning materials.
- Knowledge of applicable safety practices and procedures.
- Ability to make minor repairs.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and attention to detail to ensure completion of assigned tasks.
- Ability to safely operate cleaning equipment and safely work in a variety of facilities, circumstances, and situations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with officials, employees, and the general public.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to provide exceptional service to internal and external customers.
- Ability to read and understand custodial and maintenance equipment manuals.
- Ability to handle complaints and exhibit good customer service
- Ability to work under direct supervision and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures and systems to accomplish tasks.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential job duty. Job requires being reliable, responsible and dependable.
Apply online at www.wentzvillemo.gov/careers or click APPLY NOW. The City of Wentzville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.