Customer Service Coordinator
Salary: $18.71 - $20.31 Hourly
Location: City Hall, 1001 Schroeder Creek Blvd. Wentzville
Job Type: Temporary
Department: PUBLIC WORKS
Job Number: 00494
Closing: 7/30/2020 5:00 PM Central
This is a temporary position, not eligible for benefits, budgeted through December 31, 2020. Hours for this position will be Monday through Friday, up to 40 hours per week. Starting salary range is based on experience and qualifications.
Provide highly-skilled customer service to include utility and solid waste customer communications for service set up and service-related concern resolution. Monitor Solid Waste contractor operations for performance compliance in accordance with the contract, City regulations and established policy.
Essential & Ancillary Job Duties
Essential Job Duties
- Provide solid waste customer service to residents and businesses by phone and email.
- Maintain solid waste service records and monitor performance for contract violations.
- Provide field inspection and/or monitor GIS for solid waste operations and services.
- Perform research, data analysis, and prepare recommendations for solid waste contract modifications for improved service reliability and a satisfied customer experience.
- Generate and review solid waste monthly services, charges and credits in accordance with the solid waste contract and City Ordinances and policies.
- Respond to customer questions concerning account information or service questions and concerns.
- Communicate with the Solid Waste Company for daily performance concerns, and complete all tracking reports.
- Assist with internal auditing, researching, tracking, preparing, and monitoring solid waste budget and expenditures.
- Assist with set-up and maintaining customer utility accounts for solid waste, sanitary sewer, and water services.
- Collaborate and work across multiple departments to streamline effective customer service solutions, processes and procedures.
Ancillary Job Duties
- Provide backup as needed for Admin Specialistduties and administrative tasks.
- Assist with special projects.
- Attend quarterly or monthly customer service and contractor performance meetings,
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications & Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Job Qualifications – Education, experience, and training that are required or desirable in order to effectively perform the job at the time of hire. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered. Additional requirements and/or substitutions may be requested and require the approval of HR.
- 3 years of similarservice operations and customer service experience required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate’s degree or other training inCustomer Service, Solid Waste or Utility Operations, Service Scheduling, Operations Safety, or a related field desired.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities – May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills, and abilities commonly associated with this position.
- Knowledge of City personnel, office, and customer service policies and procedures.
- Excellent customer service skills, organization skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to courteously communicate with concerned customers verbally and in writing.
- Proficiency in use of basic business software (word processing, spreadsheets, email, utility accounts) and basic office equipment.
- Ability to create, manage, and interpret customer account records and spreadsheets.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret and track contractual services for solid waste collection and operational performance requirements.
- Ability to produce reports, enter data for budgets, and process service records through the City’s Utility software
- Ability to perform field inspection of operations, collect data, analyze topics, and research information.
- Ability to efficiently organize and prioritize work and concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and make responsible decisions.
- Regular and timely attendance is a necessary and essential job duty.
Work Environment & Physical Abilities
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the duties of this job.
- Primarily an indoor work environment with occasional outdoor service inspection duties performed from within the City right of way.
- Exposure to moderate noise levels.
Physical Abilities – The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 15 pounds.
- Must be able to sit or stand at a desk or work station for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to enter/exit a vehicle, and walk short distances frequently.
- Must be able to speak and hear clearly for communication in person and by telephone.
- Must have finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination to perform repetitive wrist, hand, and/or finger movement for work on a computer with mouse and keyboard, touch tablet, cell phone, desk phone, and/or related office equipment.
- Must have clarity of vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to safely operate and drive a City vehicle.
Agency: City of Wentzville
Address: 1001 Schroeder Creek Blvd, Wentzville, Missouri, 63385
Phone: 636-639-2190, 636-639-2007