CustodianCity Of Wentzville
Salary: $13.94 Hourly
Location: 968 Meyer Rd., Wentzville
Job Type: Part-time
Department: PARKS & RECREATION
Closing: 5/31/2019 5:00 PM Central
Performs a wide variety of tasks in the cleaning, care, and maintenance of the rooms and halls of City facilities. Incumbents of this classification may be required to work odd and unusual hours, including weekends, holidays or evening and/or night shifts.
This is a part time position not eligible for benefits.
Essential & Ancillary Job Duties:
Essential Job Duties
- Maintains facilities and meeting rooms including cleaning, setting up and tearing down furniture and equipment.
- Performs general labor and janitorial tasks to clean and care for assigned building(s) and surrounding premises to maintain a safe and attractive environment.
- Maintains carpeted floors and runners by vacuuming, removing stains, and shampooing.
- Maintains tile and terrazzo floor surfaces and plastic shields by stripping, waxing, buffing, sweeping, wet mopping, and dry mopping these floor surfaces.
- Operates floor cleaning machines and repair wax covering on floors.
- Maintains furniture and woodwork by washing, dusting, waxing, and polishing.
- Cleans and maintains bathrooms by cleaning and disinfecting sinks, mirrors, urinals, toilets, showers, and walls.
- Collects and disposes of garbage, including recyclable materials.
- Performs miscellaneous cleaning tasks including cleaning windows, blinds, fans, humidifiers, windows, walls, drinking fountains, and garbage cans; changing filters; polishing brass; replacing light bulbs; maintaining equipment; restocking supplies; and raising and lowering the flag.
- Performs preventative maintenance in and around facilities and light maintenance or repair tasks including plumbing, carpentry, and painting.
- Operates and maintains various mechanical, electrical, and battery operated machines and uses cleaning materials to aid in performing janitorial and attendant duties.
- Receives, signs for and stores custodial, food service and building supplies delivered during day.
- Uses and maintains assigned power hand tools and equipment such as buffers, auto scrubbers, genie lifts, high pressure washers, vacuums, brooms, mops and ladders.
- Maintains and checks equipment used for work; reports mechanical problems to supervisor.
Ancillary Job Duties
- Assists maintenance team as needed.
- Assists with basic landscape maintenance and may mow grass, sweep and shovel sidewalks, remove snow, apply deicer to sidewalks and stairs etc., when necessary.
- Provides facility security by locking and unlocking doors, checking windows, turning out lights, and serving as watchperson against vandalism.
- May perform laundering tasks.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications & Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Job Qualifications – Education, experience and training that are required or desirable in order to effectively perform the job at the time of hire. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered. Additional requirements and/or substitutions may be requested and require the approval of HR.
- Prior experience in custodial maintenance work including the cleaning of buildings labor and general knowledge of janitorial methods, materials, equipment and supplies desired.
- Prior banquet/event set-up and tear-down experience desired.
- Valid driver's license required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities – May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills and abilities commonly associated with this position.
- Knowledge of proper cleaning methods, material, and equipment.
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic necessary to calculate portions of cleaning materials.
- Knowledge of applicable safety practices and procedures.
- Ability to make minor repairs.
- Ability to follow oral and written instruction, attention to detail to ensure completion of assigned tasks.
- Ability to safely operate cleaning equipment and safely work in a variety of facilities, circumstances and situations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with officials, employees, and the general public.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read and understand custodial and maintenance equipment manuals.
Work Environment & Physical Abilities:
Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the duties of this job.
- Indoor and outdoor work environment.
- Exposed to loud noises from equipment.
- Wear protective gear to limit exposure to dust, chemicals, and environmental toxins.
- Ability to work in dusty, dirty, wet, and cold conditions.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Drive vehicles used to transport materials, tools, and equipment as required.
- Must be able to stand and walk for significant periods of time.
- Must be able to speak and hear clearly.
- Must be able to stoop, reach, stand, walk, lift, pull, push, grasp, climb a ladder a minimum of 6', and use repetitive motions.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Must have clarity of vision and the ability to adjust focus, judge distance and spatial relationships, identify and distinguish colors.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential job duty.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
1001 Schroeder Creek Blvd
Wentzville, Missouri, 63385