CITY OF WENTZVILLE
invites applications for
the position of:
SALARY: $18.71 Hourly
DEPARTMENT: PUBLIC SAFETY
DIVISION: LAW ENFORCEMENT
OPENING DATE: 07/29/20
CLOSING DATE: 08/28/20 05:00 PM
Processes inmates and arranges care of inmates housed in the Wentzville, Missouri Police Jail. Ensures interactions with inmates are respectful and professional. Maintains a positive and productive environment, ensuring compliance with policies, procedures, goals, and objectives of the City, Department, and Division.
ESSENTIAL & ANCILLARY JOB DUTIES
Essential Job Duties
- Book inmates and oversee inmate processing including taking pictures, fingerprinting, and arranging vehicle releases.
- Arrange for inmate care including scheduling showers and meals, administering medications, and purchasing supplies.
- Respond to emergency situations within a jail setting that may require physical intervention or taser usage including restraining violent inmates and separating inmates who may be involved in altercations
- Conduct cell checks every thirty minutes and monitor cells from security cameras.
- Provide medical aid to inmates as needed.
- Write reports as required by local, state, and federal regulations.
Ancillary Job Duties
- Fingerprint city employees and civilians.
- May provide dispatcher relief.
- May work as Municipal Court Bailiff, screening people and securing the courtroom.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS & KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Education, experience and training that are required or desirable in order to effectively perform the job at the time of hire. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered. Additional requirements and/or substitutions may be requested and require the approval of HR.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of one year of related experience required.
- MULES Certification required within six months of employment.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must pass a comprehensive background investigation.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills and abilities commonly associated with this position.
- Proficiency in use of basic business software (word processing, spreadsheets, email, presentations) and basic office equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to use good judgment and think quickly and rationally in difficult or stressful situations.
- Good customer service skills (in-person, phone, email).
- Knowledge of general medical conditions and first aid response.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential job duty.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the duties of this job.
- Primarily an indoor work environment.
- Exposure to moderate noise levels.
- Exposure to occasional violent behavior from inmates involved in altercations.
- Potential exposure to bodily fluids and inmates' illnesses.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to speak and hear clearly.
- Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds.
- Must have clarity of vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The City of Wentzville is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The City does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. The City of Wentzville makes every effort to fully comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer. The City of Wentzville is a drug and alcohol free work place. A pre-employment drug screen is required for all positions. The City of Wentzville participates in E-Verify.