Corrections TechnicianCity Of Wentzville
Salary: $18.56 Hourly
Job Type: Full-time
Department: PUBLIC SAFETY
Closing: 9/12/2019 5:00 PM Central
Adventurers wanted! The City of Wentzville is seeking a Corrections Technician. The City was recently named to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch 2019 Top Workplaces list. This list is based solely on employee feedback gathered through a third-party survey, which measures several aspects of workplace culture, including how employees feel about pay, benefits, managers and leadership – just to name a few. The City of Wentzville was the only municipal government to be honored this year. The City offers excellent benefits including health, vision, dental, employer-paid life insurance, long-term disability, a retirement pension, 12 holidays, 2 floating holidays, vacation time, sick time, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance, a free recreation center membership and much more!
Current employees note that working for the City of Wentzville offers great opportunity for growth. The people are truly amazing, the benefits speak for themselves and there's always room for advancement.
Are you ready for an adventure? Complete an application for the opportunity to join our team!
Processes inmates and arranges care of inmates housed in the Wentzville, Missouri Police Jail. Ensures interactions with inmates are respectful and professional. Maintains a positive and productive environment, ensuring compliance with policies, procedures, goals, and objectives of the City, Department, and Division.
Essential & Ancillary Job Duties:
Essential Job Duties
- Book inmates and oversee inmate processing including taking pictures, fingerprinting, and arranging vehicle releases.
- Arrange for inmate care including scheduling showers and meals, administering medications, and purchasing supplies.
- Respond to emergency situations within a jail setting that may require physical intervention or taser usage including restraining violent inmates and separating inmates who may be involved in altercations.
- Conduct cell checks every thirty minutes and monitor cells from security cameras.
- Provide medical aid to inmates as needed.
- Write reports as required by local, state, and federal regulations.
Ancillary Job Duties
- Fingerprint city employees and civilians.
- May provide dispatcher relief.
- May work as Municipal Court Bailiff, screening people and securing the courtroom.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications & Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Education, experience and training that are required or desirable in order to effectively perform the job at the time of hire. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered. Additional requirements and/or substitutions may be requested and require the approval of HR.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of one year of related experience required.
- MULES Certification required within six months of employment.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must pass a comprehensive background investigation.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills and abilities commonly associated with this position.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to use good judgment and think quickly and rationally in difficult or stressful situations.
- Good customer service skills (in-person, phone, email).
- Knowledge of general medical conditions and first aid response.
Work Environment & Physical Abilities:
Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the duties of this job.
- Primarily an indoor work environment.
- Exposure to moderate noise levels.
- Exposure to occasional violent behavior from inmates involved in altercations.
- Potential exposure to bodily fluids and inmates' illnesses.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to speak and hear clearly.
- Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds.
- Must have clarity of vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential job duty.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
1001 Schroeder Creek Blvd
Wentzville, Missouri, 63385