Salary: $9.45 Hourly
Location: 968 Meyer Rd., Wentzville
Job Type: Part-time
Department: PARKS & RECREATION
Job Number: 00482
As a part of the concessions team at the City of Wentzville, you can take a shot at putting your customer service abilities to the test! As a concessions worker, you will have the opportunity to assist guests in selecting snacks and beverages to enhance their fun while watching their favorite team play sports or watch a loved one participate in a fun activity and, most importantly, help create memories that will last a lifetime. Wentzville Parks and Recreation has five concession stands including two outdoor aquatic facilities, two outdoor athletic complexes and an indoor ice arena. Our team members excel at welcoming guests to the facility, accurately process orders for food or beverages, correctly enter payments and at keeping the stands clean and organized.
Concession workers typically work 10-28 hours per week primarily on evenings, weekends and holidays. Even if you have no experience, but have an appetite for learning, possess a desire to work in a fast paced environment and exhibit exceptional people skills, we can teach you the rest!
Essential Job Duties
- Greet all customers and assist them with a pleasant demeanor.
- Order, stock, and maintain inventory records on all concession products.
- Maintain a clean work environment and ensure that health department standards and regulations of sanitation and hygiene are met at all times.
- Receive money and count correct change for each sale using proper keyboard entry; accurately manage cash registers.
- Present purchases to customers in an approved manner.
- Manage product by rotating concession food and drink stock, restocking products and supplies, and monitoring product quantity, temperature, and expiration.
- Maintain a clean work environment by preparing and handling food and beverage according to sanitation regulations, cleaning all parts of the concession stand and equipment, and properly disposing of trash and recyclables.
Ancillary Job Duties
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications & Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Education, experience and training that are required or desirable in order to effectively perform the job at the time of hire. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered. Additional requirements and/or substitutions may be requested and require the approval of HR.
- Minimum of 16 years of age.
- Basic Sanitation course by St. Charles County Health required.
- One year of prior experience in concessions desired.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills and abilities commonly associated with this position.
- Ability to operate a computer using a Point of Sales System for all concessions sales.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to use basic math skills (i.e., add, subtract, multiply, divide).
- Ability to complete monetary transactions with little or no errors.
- Ability to read and write simple correspondence.
- Ability to prepare and maintain inventory reports.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential job duty.
Work Environment & Physical Abilities
Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the duties of this job.
- Indoor and outdoor work conditions.
- Occasionally required to work in inclement weather conditions, rain, and heat.
- May be exposed to loud noise levels.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Work requires frequent standing, walking, climbing, bending, and lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to speak and hear clearly.
- Must be able to perform repetitive wrist, hand, and/or finger movement.
- Must have finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Must have clarity of vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Agency: City of Wentzville
1001 Schroeder Creek Blvd
Wentzville, Missouri, 63385